Dr. Mimi Secor has been a board certified Family Nurse Practitioner, specializing in Women’s Health, for over 40 years. She is a popular National Speaker and Consultant, educating advanced practice clinicians and consumers around the country and the world.
Interview Dr. Mimi Secor to talk about the 5 ways women neglect their health and the simple ways to correct them.
Women do a great job of taking care of their spouse, children, and others in their lives. Unfortunately many are neglecting themselves and it is a real problem.
- Not getting enough sleep. When we don’t get enough rest, our cortisol hormone increases, poor decisions abound, and potential cardio vascular issues can crop up.
- Skipping meals. Weight gain and slower metabolism comes with not eating regular meals each day. Another danger: not being able to control carb-loading.
- Too busy to exercise. Reality is everyone has time but we don’t think we do. Five minutes instead of no minutes still has a benefit. There is actually a condition called sedentary death syndrome. Get up, get out, and get moving! Your body will thank you.
- Putting themselves last. Meet everyone else’s needs and they suffer. Both mentally and physically. Putting yourself first means a happier, healthier you.
- Not going for regular checkups (or Gyn). Just because you may not have any current symptoms doesn’t mean you shouldn’t go for your annual exams. Yearly exams are important for monitoring overall health and catching potential problems before they mature.
Available for Interviews: Dr. Mimi Secor
Dr. Mimi Secor is a popular National Speaker and Consultant, educating advanced practice clinicians and consumers around the country and the world. She is the author of the book, Debut a New You: Transforming Your Life at Any Age.
PR Managing Editor
Success In Media, Inc.