Available for Interviews: Dr. Alice Fong
Alice Fong, ND, is an integrative naturopathic doctor specializing in stress, integrative medicine, diet & weight loss, and is a business growth consultant for holistic healthcare providers.
What Dr. Alice Fong can say in an interview on
Healthy Tips to Handle Holiday Stress:
The holidays are usually a wonderful time of year to spend with family, eat delicious food, put up bright lights and decorations, and engage in fun and festivities. Normally we might be experiencing the stress of traveling, shopping, cooking, and even spending too much time with family. However, this year comes with a pandemic reality and everyone is affected in some way shape or form. Then, for many the dark, gloomy weather isn’t exactly helpful in getting one into the holiday spirit. If the holiday season isn’t all full of joy, cheer, and laughter this year, you might want to consider these helpful tips to get you through the end of the year and through the winter:
- Get a Light Therapy Box. Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) affects millions of Americans every year, most of which are women. Some symptoms include extreme fatigue, loss of energy, depression, and increased appetite. Consider getting a light therapy box.
- Keep in Moderation. When it comes to food and drinks, cut yourself some slack, but not too much. And as a doctor, I’m giving you permission to indulge a little for these special occasions. However, just because you slipped a bit on your healthy diet regimen, doesn’t mean you have to completely fall off the wagon. It also doesn’t mean you are allowed to avoid all vegetables until January.
- Avoid the Mall. Okay, maybe go to the mall so your kids can get a picture with Santa. But THAT IS IT! The mall is particularly crowded and chaotic this time of year. Not to mention a global pandemic giving us more reasons to avoid the mall. It’s hard to not have a stress response in this kind of setting. And if your body is constantly in a stress state, it can have detrimental effects on your health such as weight gain, poor sleep, fatigue, and high blood pressure.
- Get Enough Sleep. Chronic sleep loss also puts you at a higher risk for heart disease, diabetes, and other serious health problems. Not to mention the possibility of weight gain due to the hormonal imbalances created from lack of sleep.
- Treat Yourself. There is no rule against having to focus all your attention on getting gifts and treats for your loved ones. Showing yourself some love is just as important. So go get a massage or facial. Or take a nice hot Epson salt bath at home with perhaps some lavender essential oils.
Interview: Dr. Alice Fong
Known as the “Virtual Stress Doc,” Alice Fong, ND, helps busy professionals break free from their stress and anxiety so that they can focus on what matters to them using a 5-step holistic approach. She is the founder and CEO of Amour de Soi Wellness, which offers one-on-one wellness programs, corporate wellness workshops, e-learning, and resilience training courses.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.