A Solution Better Than Tylenol?
What One of Our Medical Experts Can Say in an Interview:
- Headaches and Migraines can be debilitating—people lose work,
lose time in their lives.
- Right now it’s symptom relief, but we need to find the cause.
- Taking a pill is just a band-aid, it is masking the symptoms.
- Some patients have had MRIs, they’ve had tests that keep coming back normal . . . your spine and nervous system could be the root.
- It could be trauma, a car accident or other event that could cause problems years later.
- Dehydration, lifestyle, sleep can all play a big part.
- Even simple things like how you hold your purse or briefcase could be causing misalignment and nerve stress.
- It’s not just adults, we are seeing more and more kids with this problem. It could be from looking at their phones or other devices—Text Neck!
- The hidden cause could be in your neck—your cervical spine
- People should get a checkup at their local chiropractor’s office. People who deal with headaches know that they want a solution and this just might be it.
Available for interview: One of our health care media ambassadors.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.
More Info & Research on Migraines:
* Migraine is the seventh leading cause of years lived with disability (YLDs) and a common neurological disorder .
* During an attack, migraine symptoms are characterised by severe, throbbing, unilateral headaches associated with nausea, vomiting, photophobia and/or phonophobia and aggravation from physical activity and while less common, a migraine with aura is further associated with visual, sensory or speech related symptoms .
* A variety of precipitating factors have been associated with triggering a migraine attack. Triggers reported include weather, stress, poor or over-sleeping, odours, missing meals and certain foods, menses and neck pain [3, 4].
* Uncertainty remains regarding the mechanisms associated with the initiation of migraine pain.
* Chiropractors are one of the most common complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) providers globally [19–21]. The use of chiropractic for the treatment of headaches appears to be substantial [22–24] with migraine likely to be one of the most common headache types chiropractors manage [25–27].
* In the U.S., more than 37 million people suffer from migraines. Some migraine studies estimate that 13 percent of adults in the U.S. population have migraines, and 2-3 million migraine suffers are chronic.
* Almost 5 million in the U.S. experience at least one migraine attack per month, while more than 11 million people blame migraines for causing moderate to severe disability.
* Migraines occur most often in: a) Women (18 percent of women compared to 6 percent of men). b) People between the ages of 35 and 55. c) Lowest income groups, and d) Caucasian people.
* Migraine sufferers also spend much more on their health care than those who don’t suffer from the disorder. Migraine sufferers use 2.5 times the amount of prescription drugs and have six times as many diagnostic tests and services. The average monthly healthcare costs for migraine sufferers is $145, while those who don’t suffer from migraines pay an average of $89 per month.
* Migraine sufferers use twice the amount of prescription drugs and visit doctors and emergency rooms twice as often as those who don’t have the disorder.
* Migraines are physically and emotionally debilitating. They are a common cause of disability for millions of people.
* Most people simply focus on suppressing their symptoms with medication and avoiding triggers such as certain foods.
* Studies suggest that the cause of most major headaches including migraines is due to mechanical pressure on the muscles, nerves and circulation in the head and neck region of the spine.
* Chiropractors are organic health care providers, focused to detect and correct this mechanical pressure, often referred to professionally as ‘vertebral subluxation.’
* We suggest viewers who experience migraines to think “Beyond the Pill” and to identify not just what triggers symptoms but to look for the underlying cause of their migraines.
* Millions of people around the world have discovered that finding and addressing the underlying cause of their migraines through an evaluation of their head and neck region by a chiropractic professional trained to understand how to interpret a persons individual body signals and correcting the underlying cause of the symptom, results in impressive results ranging from mild to moderate improvement to a complete cure.