Available for Interviews: Paul Tracey
Paul Tracey is the Founder & CEO of Innovative Technologies, a Managed Security Service Provider in New York, and is a national speaker, cyber security educator, small business advocate, and author of Delete The Hacker Playbook and Cyber Storm.
What Paul Tracey can say in an interview on
Protecting Against Stalkerware & Spyware:
- Stalkerware is a subset of spyware, It is specifically designed to spy on the personal habits of someone. The stalkerware is designed to gain access to GPS location, microphones, and call and text records.
- Stalkerware is a type of spyware that usually is in the context of an abusive or controlling relationship and is meant to terrorize.
How Stalkerware Gets on Someone’s Phone
- It is normally installed by someone who has physical access to the device. However, they can be downloaded from app stores however google has recently cracked down on advertising for these apps.
- It is not always illegal, in terms of your company they are allowed to track business data as long as the proper policy attestations are in place. In the case of parenting these apps can be extremely helpful in protecting children online
How You Can Tell If Someone Is
Spying on Your iPhone?
- Always keep the phone’s firmware up to date, check for unknown accounts or profiles regularly, and check that the iTunes wifi sync setting is off.
- Do not use jailbroken phones, perform privacy audits on your apple device or inside Google’s platform, and use 2-factor authentication on your iCloud account.
What to Do If Your iPhone
is being tracked?
- Update IOS.
- Reboot the phone.
- Enable 2-factor authentication with Apple ID.
- Turn off permissions for unknown apps using location, mic, or camera.
** When all else fails factory reboot the phone.
How People Can Protect Themselves
From Phone Spyware?
- Use a VPN.
- Use strong passwords with 2-factor authentication.
- Never share accounts.
- Keep the phone up to date (huge).
- Use antimalware/antivirus on your mobile devices.
- Don’t use your main email address for mobile and app accounts.
- Use the lock-screen or pin.
Interview: Paul Tracey
Paul Tracey is the Founder and CEO of Innovative Technologies, a Managed Security Service Provider in New York, and is a national speaker, cyber security educator, and small business advocate, and author of Delete The Hacker Playbook and Cyber Storm
Nearly a successful decade in business, Innovative Technologies continues to help clients ensure they have security and compliance procedures in place and well-trained staff. They have earned the reputation as a leading managed security services provider (MSSP) in upstate New York.
Tracey has been featured in MSP Success Magazine and on the Success Spotlight podcast and also runs an MSSP dedicated to helping small and medium-size businesses protect their reputation, money, and customers from cybercriminals.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.