How to talk about difficult topics in an increasingly volatile environment.
Carol Barkes is a trend-setting mediator, business executive and educator specializing in the use of neuroscience to improve business performance, interpersonal communications, negotiation and conflict resolution processes for optimally successful results.
Continue reading “Difficult Conversations: At Work and At Home”
There Are More Than 50 Legislative Bills Out There to Help Deal With the Opioid Crisis. . . .
Why Many Are Turning to Chiropractors for Relief
Facts about opioids and the relief of chronic pain:
When you are dating your coworker, keep business trips, PDA appropriateness, and superior/subordinate issues in mind.
Diane Hamilton, Professor, Author, and Business Leadership Expert weighs in on this important topic.
Follow these tips and avoid the common pitfalls associated with office romances:
- Don’t Make People Feel Uncomfortable. I have taught more than 1000 business courses, and many are HR-based. Workplace romance is more common than most people think. It might surprise you to know that many workplace romances include top-level people. Recent research published by SHRM showed that nearly 40% were owners and executives. What is interesting is that 1 in 5 workers responded that they have observed relationships at work that they consider inappropriate.
Continue reading “Dating Etiquette in the Workplace: What You Need to Know”
Do you like to catch up on physical activity on the weekend? Exercise is great, but unfortunately there are some common injuries. Good news, you can.
Here is what one of our Chiropractic Health and Wellness experts can say:
The latest guidelines are still controversial. Many women are still following the old guidelines.
What Dr. Mimi Secor Can Say in an interview:
- It is very important to get your doctor to explain the not so new guidelines (2012) that are still controversial (Switching to every 5 years at 30… women are still freaked out about it.) If the doctor doesn’t know about the new guidelines, you may need a new doctor.
- We need to trust the science as doctors and be able to explain it.
- The future looks like we will have guidelines to NOT do pap smears in the future and just HPV testing. It’s been proposed by the U.S. … task force just not rolled out yet.
- The vaccination is SO misunderstood and SO effective.
- Not enough young kids are getting it and we have a very vulnerable group.
- HPV prevents oral, cervical, anal – 60% of oral cancer is related to HPV (throat).
Available for Interviews: Dr. Mimi Secor
Dr. Mimi Secor is a popular National Speaker and Consultant, educating advanced practice clinicians and consumers around the country and the world. She is the author of the book, Debut a New You: Transforming Your Life at Any Age.
PR Managing Editor
Success In Media, Inc.
Dr. Lauren Fine is one of our board-certified dermatologists and Media Ambassadors. She weighs in on sunscreen…. Did you ever wonder if that Sunscreen is still good, or doing its job? Here are a few things she can say on this topic:
Here are a few things she can say:
Summer is here which means it’s time to talk SPF!
*Sunscreens do expire. Don’t just pull out your bottles from last season. There’s a good chance they are expired and will not be as effective
* You are probably using too little sunscreen! For an average size person, the amount of sunscreen lotion or cream applied to a full body should fill a shot glass. And if you are out all day long, your SPF should be reapplied every 2 hours.
Continue reading “Sunscreen – The Down-low From a Dermatologist”
Available: Dr. Diane Hamilton, author of “It’s Not You… It’s Your Personality: Skills to Survive and Thrive in the Modern Workplace” and “How to Reinvent Your Career: Make More Money Doing What You Love.”
Dr. Hamilton Can Say:
· Book knowledge is great, but can only get you so far. A recent study showed 75% of newly hired executives are having trouble with interpersonal skills (the ability to build relationships, collaborate, and influence others).
· What employers think they want is not what they really want. People are hired for their knowledge and fired for their behavior. After two years Continue reading “What Employers Want From New Graduates Might Surprise You”
If you have lost your job or are in a career that you dislike, there is hope. In the book How to Reinvent Your Career: Make Money Doing What You Love, you’ll find out how to rediscover yourself and manifest the career of your dreams.
Dr. Diane Hamilton, can say:
Continue reading “Make Money Doing What You Love: 5 Steps To Career Reinvention”
Geeta Nadkarni helps coaches and infopreneurs to explode their businesses.
The Truth About Financing a Small Business. (I Did it with $300)
What Nadkarni can say in an interview:
- I launched my business with $300 in my bank account knowing my husband was going to lose his job and was about to lose the one income sustaining our family
- Six months later we were making 6 figures and my spouse retired from his 9 to 5 job.
Continue reading “The Truth About Financing a Small Business. (I Did it with $300)”