Available for Interviews: Dr. Reagan B. Anderson
Reagan Anderson, DO, is the author of Universal Death Care: A Solution for Healthcare in the Age of Entitlement. Dr. Anderson was a combat doctor in Iraq, and has since run a successful medical clinic in the U.S. He wrote this book because he is tired of profit-driven policies that don’t support American’s health. For this reason, Anderson is passionate about changing healthcare in America.
What Dr. Anderson Can Say in an Interview on
the Healthcare System:
- Healthcare is finally being talked about during this political cycle.
- Dr. Reagan Anderson has a unique take. He was a Marine Corps doctor in Iraq. He’s currently a civilian surgeon in Colorado.
- He feels any of the options (from both sides) are flawed. In his new book, Universal Death Care, he outlines how the system is more about making money off sickness and not focusing on helping America before we get sick. (He can also talk about solutions both candidates need to take into account.)
Why You Do Not Get the
Healthcare You Deserve
- Doctors focus on disease instead of prevention = often it is too late to reclaim lives.
- Citizens cannot afford healthcare—high deductibles, high monthly premiums—which prevents so many from seeking proper care.
- Citizens lack the knowledge in preventable medicine to do the things necessary to stay healthy.
- We are the most obese nation in the world, which leads to horrible outcomes and extremely expensive care.
- We are also at the bottom of the list in healthcare when compared to other wealthy, industrialized nations.
- Profits rule instead of health outcomes because insurance companies are for profit organizations.
- Corporations make a lot of money off of healthcare. Over 17% of our GDP is from healthcare.
- The sad truth is that there is no money in prevention and ENORMOUS money in “sick care”—treating diseases and prescribing expensive medications.
- Lack of one set of rules means that some get better care than others.
- If you are in a lower socioeconomic category there is even more rationing of care due to worse insurance and inability to afford care.
- About 50% of doctors are burnt out and practice defensive medicine.
- Pharmaceutical and Health Products spent $300M in lobbying in 2019. It is estimated that for every dollar that is spent lobbying, the company receives $740 back according to the Sunlight Foundation. Pharmaceutical companies raise prices about 10% every year, even though inflation is only 1-2%. Prescription medicine prices go up and up (sometimes 1000%!) even though some of these same medicines have been around for 20+ years and all of the research and development have long been paid for.
More Videos with Dr. Anderson
Preview YouTube video Healthcare or Death Care? (6 minutes)
Interview: Dr. Reagan B. Anderson
Reagan Anderson is an Osteopathic Doctor (DO) who specializes in general Dermatology and in Mohs Micrographic Surgery for the treatment of skin cancer. Dr. Anderson moved to Vancouver, British Columbia where he attained his Bachelor of Science and Biology from the University of British Columbia and a Master of Christian Studies degree from Regent College. Dr. Anderson was then invited to attend the founding Osteopathic Medical School, Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Upon matriculation, Dr. Anderson was commissioned in the United States Navy where he spent the majority of his time serving the United States Marine Corps as the First Reconnaissance Battalion Surgeon. Dr. Anderson states, “Over the five years I spent in the U.S. Navy, it was my distinct honor to serve the medical needs of the military men and women of our great country. This experience, particularly my tours in Iraq where I treated U.S. and coalition military members as well as Iraqi civilians, gave me extensive experience in recognizing and treating the underlying causes of dermatologic conditions.”
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.