Available for Interviews: Dr. Cleamon Moorer, Jr.
Cleamon Moorer, Jr., DBA, is President and CEO, American Advantage Home Care, Inc. His home healthcare agency has served thousands of patients all throughout Metro Detroit. He is also the bestselling author of From Failure to Promise: 360 Degrees.
What Dr. Moorer can say in an interview about
the Negative Factors That Could Affect Your Loved Ones:
These are the five most common problems associated with the senior population and for loved ones, in general, when they can no longer care for themselves independently—and how home health care can combat these issues and be the best solution:
- Nutrition. Many home health aides prepare meals for home-bound patients and a Certified Nutritionist is a value-add offered by many home health care agencies.
- Medication Management. Skilled home health care nurses and help patients to take medications on time and crush or break medications for easier consumption.
- Mobility. Home health care provides physical therapy and occupational therapy services to homebound patients.
- Companionship. Private duty agencies can offer companionship and many skilled home health care workers become the extended family and close friends of home-bound patients.
- Hygiene. It is the responsibility of home health aides and certified nursing aides to bathe, wash, and help home-bound patients with toileting.
Interview: Dr. Cleamon Moorer, Jr.
Dr. Cleamon Moorer, Jr., holds a Doctorate of Business Administration and a post-grad Certificate in Excellence for Healthcare Professionals from Cornell University. He is President and CEO of American Advantage Home Care, Inc., which he and his spouse, Nicole C. Willis-Moorer, own and operate. Their agency has grown by 1000% over the last 18 months and provides home healthcare services to homebound patients in Detroit and beyond.
Dr. Moorer is a TEDx Speaker and has been recognized and featured locally and nationally as a healthcare business leader, former business school dean, entrepreneur, and community advocate on ABC, FOX, NBC, Black Enterprise Magazine, Crain’s Detroit Business, DBusiness Magazine, Michigan Chronicle, and Network Journal (NYC).
Moorer hosts a biweekly podcast, Home Health Care Today Show, in an effort to inform, inspire, influence, and educate listeners about a variety of health and wellness topics, and is also the bestselling author of From Failure to Promise: 360 Degrees, a memoir in which he chronicled his journey from college flunk-out—to engineer, consultant, business school dean, educator, philanthropist, and entrepreneur.
Director of Public Relations
Success in Media, Inc.