Interview Carol Barkes
Carol Barkes is a trend-setting mediator, business executive and educator specializing in the use of neuroscience to improve business performance, interpersonal communications, negotiation and conflict resolution processes for optimally successful results.
Talking Points From Carol Barkes
1) Leaders let their team help guide the ship.Bosses micromanage their team about how to sail.
2) Leaders train their team to be their replacement. There is no threat.
Bosses need to keep the upper hand.
3) Leaders show their “hands” and have their team help determine how to “play their cards.”Bosses keep their game-plan hidden and only have their own judgment to rely on.
4) Leaders rely on the expertise of their team.
Bosses strive to show they are the experts in things they are not.
5) Leaders reveal their vulnerability and flaws. They also passionately share their vision. Bosses try to ineffectively hide their things and lose the trust and commitment of their team. In essence, their passion has been lost to the false image they are trying to portray.
6) Leaders learn from their team as much, if not more, than they teach. Bosses hire people they can control.
7) Leaders are continually learning, sharing and opening doors. Bosses are continually dictating, demanding and trying to control outcomes in ways that only benefit them.
Available for Interviews: Carol Barkes
PR Managing Editor
Success In Media, Inc.