Available for Interviews: Paul Tracey
Paul Tracey is the Founder & CEO of Innovative Technologies, a Managed Security Service Provider in New York, and is a national speaker, cyber security educator, small business advocate, and author of Delete The Hacker Playbook and Cyber Storm.
What Paul Tracey can say in an interview on
- Doorbell cams and Home security cameras pose as much if not more risk than benefit.
- In some cases, if an attacker gains access to these devices they can gain access to the video feed and microphones. This creates several risks even if the cameras are not inside the house.
- If someone gains access to a camera feed they can determine when you have received packages and are not home. They gain an understanding of your daily patterns and time away from the home. They can determine when your children are home alone.
Although many of these attacks appear to begin in the supply chain, there are things you can do to help prevent these issues:
- Research the vendor for security policy updates for the product.
- Change all default passwords on the devices – Do not use admin password options.
- Separate these devices on your network and check firewall rules with vendor specifications.
- Keep all firmware up to date on IoT devices and make sure your notifications are on to alert you when an update has been released.
Interview: Paul Tracey
Paul Tracey is the Founder and CEO of Innovative Technologies, a Managed Security Service Provider in New York, and is a national speaker, cyber security educator, and small business advocate, and author of Delete The Hacker Playbook and Cyber Storm.
Nearly a successful decade in business, Innovative Technologies continues to help clients ensure they have security and compliance procedures in place and well-trained staff. They have earned the reputation as a leading managed security services provider (MSSP) in upstate New York.
Tracey has been featured in MSP Success Magazine and on the Success Spotlight podcast and also runs an MSSP dedicated to helping small and medium-size businesses protect their reputation, money, and customers from cybercriminals.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.