Available for Interviews: Raphael Velazquez
Raphael Velazquez, NSCA CSCS, is the founder of VELA, and is a certified strength and conditioning specialist, celebrity trainer, and body transformation expert. He is also the author of Core Fitness: Your Best Shape, Looking and Feeling Great.
What Raphael Velazquez can say in an interview on
Individualized Fitness Plans:
- Did you do an assessment? We sometimes get caught up in the mode of I need to get in shape! a frantic mode where you may sign up for a fat loss challenge or a transformation program, without making sure that the challenges or programs offer assessments. Assessments will allow the coach to personalize your program based on your goals, fitness level, the “why” of your journey, as well as your injury and nutrition history, and more. Transformations take time and you need to understand where you are to know how long it’ll take to get where you want to be.
- What’s your goal? Depending on your goal, your routine will vary as it should. Set and reps schemes will be upon your assessment so that you can better your chances to achieve your goals.
- What’s your fitness level? Are you a beginner, intermediate, or advanced lifter? Have you ever worked out before or is this your first time? The program will vary depending on the fitness level. Owning the fundamentals is always the focus.
- Why are you working out? (health-related? aesthetics/ sport/ weekend warrior?) Depending on your reason for working out, your goals will be different—your program may spend more time on mobility work than power or strength if you are an individual who deals with joint pain and feels limited with motion. Prioritizing is important. Once you feel good and move well, the ball is in your court with where you want to take your fitness and the routine. Assessments allow your coach to see where you are starting from, how you handle injuries, how you eat, etc.
- Do you have Injuries? Knowing prior injuries will always help a knowledgeable coach to know why certain restrictions may be occurring. Training properly and effectively is key with time being the most precious commodity. What we spend time on doing well, will improve. Known injuries will let us bulletproof your body.
Interview: Raphael Velazquez
Raphael Velazquez, NSCA CSCS, is the founder of VELA, and is a certified strength and conditioning specialist, celebrity trainer, and body transformation expert. He has built an unparalleled rapport within the fitness and entertainment industry. With years of experience in sculpting and transforming physiques and minds, Raphael formulates and implements techniques catered to the specific goals and needs of each of his clients. Best known for his work in strength and conditioning, Raphael possesses the expertise and professionalism needed to successfully meet demands and sculpt bodies and minds, while coaching his clients to fully embody their best lives. Raphael’s style is evident in the results you see in his clients, his physique is equally important. Recently featured in the Equinox “Impossible Happens” campaign, Miami Swim Week, New York Fashion Week, and Good Morning America with Brooke Burke.
Raphael also has a B.S. in exercise physiology, and in addition to training celebrities, entrepreneurs, and everyday people, he is a motivational speaker, a passionate advocate for the youth being a member of Mastermind Connect, and is devoted to serving others along their journey.
Raphael comes from a Dominican household. As a first-generation American, Raphael looks to be an example to inspire other first-generation Americans to go for their dreams and make them a reality based on one’s circumstances, resources, resiliency, creativity & grit.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.