Available for Interviews: Nadine Levitt
Nadine Levitt is an education advocate, speaker, and the CEO & Founder of WURRLYedu, an educational technology platform. Nadine specializes in the social-emotional curriculum (SEL), and she is also the author of the children’s book, My Mama Says Inside Me Lives a Village. New for 2022, Levitt has launched a new professional development resource for teachers called PD Reimagined.
What Nadine Levitt can say in an interview about
Recently, EdWeek released their latest survey showing what financial policies would make teachers more likely to stay in the profession long-term. The financial implications of giving every teacher a salary increase in line with national averages are likely more than $10.8 billion—based on the math that:
- There are about 5 million educators in the US public education system,
- with an average salary of $63,645 (for 2019/20 according to data from the Department of Education’s National Center for Education Statistics).
- 3.4% was the average salary increase in the US (according to a WTW Survey of 1,004 US companies in October 2021).
But as EdWeek pointed out, we have decades of research to “show the connection between retention and good working conditions, such as positive school culture, respect, and a strong principal. An improved salary might keep teachers in the classrooms for a little while longer—but it’s not the only thing teachers look for.”
There are many things each one of us can do, to help teachers feel more valued, respected, and supported, for example:
- Remember schools are a place for ALL of us to learn (students, teachers, administrators, and even parents). This encourages better listening, and greater appreciation for what each person brings to the table, and fosters an approach of problem-solving and guided learning, rather than controlling and forcing desired outcomes.
- Appreciation improves productivity and increases the sense of belonging and perceived value. On the flip side, negative-minded workers are more likely to become defensive ad mentally fatigued, which decreases productivity (according to a 2015 study by Michigan State University researchers).
- Deepen the honor attached to the profession.
Interview: Nadine Levitt
Nadine Levitt is a Swiss-born, German, Kiwi, and American thought leader, speaker, and author who is passionate about education, especially focusing on child emotional wellness, social, and emotional skill development using the Arts, and EdTech.
In 2015 she founded the technology company WURRLY, which also makes WURRLYedu—a leading music education solution being used in schools across 22 states. Nadine has authored two children´s books for social and emotional learning (Inside Me Lives a Village and Inside Me Lives a Superhero), initially developed as a tool to use with her own kids, to help them develop positive self-awareness, self-regulation skills, confidence, empathy, creativity, and self-expression. This quickly grew into a school program, with the development of a supporting curriculum and classroom resources, and toys and other children’s products that foster a healthy relationship with emotions.
In 2022, Levitt launched PD Reimagined, an exciting new professional membership for educators, designed to celebrate and inspire educators! It combines subscription boxes, exclusive intimate retreats with world-class thought leaders, and peer groups for reflection, planning, and support.
As an education thought leader, Nadine Levitt gives keynote speeches around the world on the subjects of music education, social and emotional learning, and technology in classrooms.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.