Available for Interviews: Dr. Franchell Hamilton
Dr. Franchell Hamilton, MD, FACS, FASMBS, is the Founder of A Better Weigh Center–a place for people to receive treatments ranging from bariatric surgery and medical weight loss to hormone therapy. Dr. Hamiltion is also the author of two books, Transformation Is a Mindset: The Journey to Changing Your Input and Your World and And the Best Diet Is . . . .
What Dr. Hamilton could say on
the Topic of Obesity:
March is Obesity Awareness month. Here’s some things we can talk about:
- The Problem: Obesity is actually a disease and not a lifestyle.
- Since Covid, Americans are paying more attention to obesity.
- TROA bill: Treat, Reduce Obesity Act). Politicians want to add more obesity coverage . . . Covering Obesity as the Disease.
- Obesity is not a calories in/calories out equation.
There are many other factors, i.e., the neuroscience of it.
- As a society, we are focused on blame and that “they chose it.” People don’t choose to be obese. This is a real disease and should be diagnosed and treated that way.
- Solutions: There needs to be policy coverage to help more people and make bariatric surgery available to more people. This is a metabolic disease.
Interview: Dr. Franchell Hamilton
Dr. Hamilton is a Triads Award-Winning, Board Certified Surgeon, who gave up operating on the stomach to operating on the mind to treat chronic conditions such as obesity and diabetes. She is the author of two books, Transformation is a mindset: The Journey to Changing Your Input and Your World and And the Best Diet Is . . . , and now educates other providers around the world on what she discovered in her practice through her master class.
Dr. Hamilton is passionate about helping to change the lives of those she meets through practicing medicine and consulting. As a once practicing bariatric surgeon, Dr. Hamilton has firsthand experience addressing the challenges and pain points of patients being treated for cardiometabolic diseases. She founded A Better Weigh Center—a place for her patients to receive treatments ranging from bariatric surgery and medical weight loss to hormone therapy.
Dr. Hamilton has a TV show on BINGEnetworks.tv called “Examining Medicine,” and is a podcast host on Your Health Transformed that discusses a variety of popular and innovative health topics to challenge our current way of thinking about medicine.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.