Available for Interviews: Dr. Mimi Secor.
Dr. Mimi Secor is Nurse Practitioner from the Boston area. She has been specializing in Women’s Health for over 40 years now, is a national speaker and consultant, and is an international bestselling author of Debut a New You: Transforming Your Life At Any Age.
What Dr. Secor Can Say in an Interview on
Exercising Safely Outdoors:
Now that the winter (and the pandemic!) is just about behind us, we can begin to renew our health and wellness and enjoy the outdoors again. We just need to be mindful that when engaging in any fitness exercises outside, there is a greater risk of getting hurt. Practicing the following advice will allow you to do so safely and happily:
- Wear sunscreen
- Be well hydrated (before, during and after)
- Watch out for insects, ticks, etc. Consider wearing insect repellant
- Avoid overheating (especially if you are used to exercising in an air-conditioned gym/space)
- If jogging or cycling, be careful of cars and other hazards. Seek out designated walking and/or bike paths, or at the very least roads with a wide breakdown lane/bike path area.
- Wear a helmet if cycling even on a bike path
- Wear bright-colored clothing and consider a flashing light on your helmet or bike.
- Avoid exercising alone, especially at night
- Consider carrying pepper spray or a whistle if exercising alone
- Avoid exercising in a remote area, especially if female.
- Consider working out with a friend
- Seek flat, firm, well maintained surfaces for running, jogging, walking or biking.
Following the tips above will save you from danger, injury, pain, and a trip to the doctor’s office. Enjoy the great outdoors this spring!
Interview: Dr. Mimi Secor
Dr. Mimi Secor is a popular National Speaker and Consultant, educating advanced practice clinicians and consumers around the country and the world. She is the author of the book, Debut a New You: Transforming Your Life at Any Age.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.