Interview: Dr. Mimi Secor.
Dr. Mimi Secor is Nurse Practitioner from the Boston area. She has been specializing in Women’s Health for over 40 years now, is a national speaker and consultant, and is an international bestselling author of Debut a New You: Transforming Your Life At Any Age.
It’s the busiest, hustle-bustle time of the year and millions of people are traveling here and there and everywhere! Interview Dr. Mimi Secor, DNP, FNP-BC, FAANP, to discuss the kinds of bacteria and virus that are commonly found at fitness facilities and how people can stay healthy.
- The Gym is One of the Dirtiest Places You Will Visit.
- According to FitRated (a site that reviews fitness equipment), 27 different pieces of equipment in the gym were swabbed and the results were shocking:
- Free weights have 362 times more bacteria than a toilet seat (when was the last time you’ve seen anyone wash down the barbells?).
- The treadmill has 74 times more bacteria than an average washroom faucet.
- 50% of the bacteria can cause pneumonia, septicemia, and skin infections.
- 30% of the bacteria was found to be largely resistant to antibiotics!