Available for Interviews: Dr. Tammy Penhollow
Dr. Tammy Penhollow is a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, specializing in anesthesiology, pain management, and regenerative medicine. Having over 20 years of experience has helped her to cultivate a passion for regenerative medicine and holistic healing. Dr. Penhollow practices at Precision Regenerative Medicine in the greater Phoenix area.
Talking Points from Dr. Tammy Penhollow on
Vitamin D’s Benefits and Preventative Nature:
Maintaining Vitamin D levels and adding this supplement in our diet is proving to be a promising underdog in the fight against COVID-19:
Vitamin D is not a treatment or a cure, but it may be protective. For those not already undergoing high dose Vitamin D replacement for a known deficiency, a daily supplement of 1000-2000 IU Vitamin D during this uncertain health crisis may be a sound decision.
- Avoiding Vitamin D deficiency is important in the prevention of osteoporosis, hypertension, diabetes, and cardiac disease.
- Vitamin D is also a treatment strategy in chronic pain and in mood disorders such as depression. Now, it appears that it may be a preventive strategy in the fight against COVID-19.
- Vitamin D boosts immune function against viral diseases and can lower inflammation. This may be relevant to the respiratory response and the cytokine storm demonstrated in COVID-19.
- Patients with respiratory infections tend to have lower blood levels of 25-hydroxy-vitamin D.
- In an observational study from South Asian hospitals, Vitamin D deficiency was associated with an 8x risk of having severe COVID illness versus those who had sufficient Vitamin D levels. The prevalence of Vitamin D deficiency was much higher in those with severe COVID infection.
- Even before COVID-19, a study two years ago showed Vitamin D supplementation was effective at reducing upper and lower respiratory tract infections. Overall, a 12% reduction was observed, but among those with severe Vitamin D deficiency, there was a 70% lower risk.
Dr. Tammy Penhollow
Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
Latest News on Vitamin D
The New York Post:
New study claims vitamin D deficiency may impact coronavirus mortality rates
Vitamin D levels may impact COVID-19 mortality rates, study claims
New study links low vitamin D levels with high COVID-19 death rate
Interview: Dr. Tammy Penhollow
Dr. Tammy Penhollow practices at Precision Regenerative Medicine in Scottsdale, Arizona, where develops individualized treatment plans for musculoskeletal and spine interventions with PRP and bone marrow aspirate using image guidance, as well as micro-needling with PRP for skin, hair and anti-aging conditions. She also stays active in teaching as an Instructor in Anesthesiology for the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science and as a Supplemental Consultant for the Department of Anesthesiology & Perioperative Medicine at the Mayo Clinic in Phoenix.
A former active duty US Naval Officer, Dr. Penhollow has lived, practiced, and has been deployed around the US and overseas. She embodies the lifestyle she recommends to her patients and is an active hiker, gardener and yogi as well as a French trained home chef and an aspiring sommelier.
PR Managing Editor
Success In Media, Inc.