Available for Interviews: Mario Payne, CFP
Mario Payne is a Certified Personal Planner and is the Founder of TOAMS Financial in Jacksonville. Mario brings over 15 years of investment experience to his business. He is also the author of the forthcoming book, The RELAX Investor: Conquering Fear & Investing Through Self-Discover.
What Mario Payne could say on
401(k) Retirement Accounts:
1. Maximize Employer Match. If your employer offers a 401(k) match, be sure to contribute at least enough to get the full match. This is essentially free money that can significantly boost your retirement savings.
2. Increase Contributions Annually. As your salary increases over time, consider increasing the percentage that you contribute to your 401(k). Even a small increase each year can have a big impact over time due to compounding.
3. Consider Catch-Up Contributions. If you’re age 50 or older, you’re allowed to make additional “catch-up” contributions to your 401(k). For 2021, this amounts to an extra $6,500 per year.
4. Invest Appropriately for Your Age and Risk Tolerance. Younger individuals might choose more aggressive investment options, while those closer to retirement might opt for more conservative investments. Ensure your 401(k) is invested in a way that aligns with your risk tolerance and time horizon.
5. Avoid Early Withdrawals and Loans. Taking money out of your 401(k) before retirement can lead to taxes and penalties, not to mention it reduces the amount of money you have growing for your retirement. Try to leave the money in your 401(k) untouched until retirement.
Interview: Mario Payne, CFP
Mario Payne is a Certified Personal Planner and is the Founder of TOAMS Financial in Jacksonville, Florida’s trusted group of financial advisors. The meaning of TOAMS is Tithe Offering Alms Means Stewardship. He has built his SEC-registered firm on the premise of helping clients while “Making Investing Simple.” Besides building his firm, Mario is very proud to be Dave Ramsey’s ONLY minority Endorsed Local Professional Smartvestor in Jacksonville, FL.
TOAMS Financial offers an array of personalized services, support, and guidance that will help make a positive difference in pursuing their client’s financial goals. They specialize in college planning, investment, retirement, and estate management services.
Mario Payne brings over 20 years of investment experience to his business. Mario made history in February 2022. His co-owned company launched the first African-American-owned AI ETF on the New York Stock Exchange. The symbol is LETB. The goal of this fund is to limit investment losses while maximizing gains.
Mario Payne is also a veteran who served in the United States Army as a financial sergeant, guiding soldiers to achieve their financial goals. His passion for serving the community is the backbone of TOAMS Financial.
Payne is the author of the forthcoming book, The RELAX Investor: Conquering Fear & Investing Through Self-Discover.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.