Available for Interviews: Paul Tracey
Paul Tracey is the Founder & CEO of Innovative Technologies, a Managed Security Service Provider in New York, and is a national speaker, cyber security educator, small business advocate, and author of Delete The Hacker Playbook and Cyber Storm.
What Paul Tracey can say in an interview on
Safely Using Your Credit Card Online:
- Online checkouts are a top priority for hackers and you should NEVER use a debit card for online purchases. To mitigate risk always use a credit or prepaid card to shop online. Your money is insured for fraudulent withdrawal in either event, but when you use a debit card you actually lose the cash until it’s resolved.
- A prepaid card is the best option for safety as the account has no ties to your bank accounts or credit card. This can be inconvenient and thus not always realistic.
- The second best option here is to use a credit card that offers a one-time use card number for online purchases. The company generates a one-time card number for you to make that purchase only. This prevents that number from being used in reference to your account more than once.
- The third would be to just use the smallest limit card required for the purchase. There is no reason to use a high limit card to make a small purchase. You want to mitigate the risk wherever possible and that starts with reducing the number of times you enter your cards. If possible, restrict online purchases to one low-limit card.
- Never EVER allow your browser to store any card number although this is convenient, it is possibly the fastest way to get your credentials on the dark web. Make the investment to have your credentials searched for on the dark web, many financial institutions now offer this for free as a service to make sure you sign up.
Interview: Paul Tracey
Paul Tracey is the Founder and CEO of Innovative Technologies, a Managed Security Service Provider in New York, and is a national speaker, cyber security educator, and small business advocate, and author of Delete The Hacker Playbook and Cyber Storm.
Nearly a successful decade in business, Innovative Technologies continues to help clients ensure they have security and compliance procedures in place and well-trained staff. They have earned the reputation as a leading managed security services provider (MSSP) in upstate New York.
Tracey has been featured in MSP Success Magazine and on the Success Spotlight podcast and also runs an MSSP dedicated to helping small and medium-size businesses protect their reputation, money, and customers from cybercriminals.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.