Available for Interviews: Dr. Cleamon Moorer, Jr.
Cleamon Moorer, Jr., DBA, is President and CEO, American Advantage Home Care, Inc. His home healthcare agency has served thousands of patients all throughout Metro Detroit. He is also the bestselling author of From Failure to Promise: 360 Degrees.
What Dr. Moorer can say in an interview about
The American Advantage Home Care Agency:
COVID-19 has had a devastating impact on residents of Detroit and surrounding areas. As an agency we committed early on to ensure that all our clinicians (home health care nurses and therapists) were Pfizer/Moderna vaccinated in January and February (dose 1 and 2), respectively. Additionally, we arranged for homebound patients to receive vaccinations through Wayne, Oakland, and Macomb partners and providers.
- Our clinicians were encouraged and incentivized to be vaccinated from day one of availability and dissemination of the vaccines to health care professionals in Wayne County.
- We learned that patients were reluctant and ultimately opposed to allowing non-vaccinated clinicians into their homes to provide service.
- Our clinicians are fully vaccinated and continue to educate patients on the efficacy of the vaccines to reduce the possibility of exposure, contraction, and spread of COVID-19.
- As an agency, we have some clinicians who have volunteered to vaccinate Detroiters and we have partners who provide vaccinations to our homebound patients with limited to no ability to travel.
- When the pandemic hit, we ensured that all of our clinicians were protected and had the proper PPE, and followed strict protocols to protect their health and safety, and that of the people who they cared for. Additionally, we offered COVID-19 tests in order to curb and decrease the spread of the disease.
- Our clinical staff continues to be 100% vaccinated. Keeping staff and patients healthy and safe remains this agency’s priority.
- We created a video interview with our Medical Director, Dr. Deirdre Claiborue to share with the community via podcast and our YouTube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVG6BG4EN08&t=86s)
For people in search of nursing or personal care for a loved one, home health care can be the best way for many patients to both get the care that they need and preserve their independence—while doing so in the comfort of their own homes.
- Insurance does help to cover the costs of skilled home health care services.
- Physicians sign and oversee the orders and prescriptions for home health care services.
- Home health care brings down the overall costs associated with health care.
- Diagnostic tests, x-rays, and various procedures can be performed in the comfort of the home.
- States help to assign a dedicated caregiver to patients who are on Medicaid.
Whether you are an older adult who suffers from a long-term condition or you have a child with a multitude of medical needs, home health care can be a smart and tangible option for you or your loved ones. Especially during a pandemic, keep people healthy and safe in the comfort of their own homes remains this agency’s greatest priority.
Interview: Dr. Cleamon Moorer, Jr.
Dr. Cleamon Moorer, Jr., holds a Doctorate of Business Administration and a post-grad Certificate in Excellence for Healthcare Professionals from Cornell University. He is President and CEO of American Advantage Home Care, Inc., which he and his spouse, Nicole C. Willis-Moorer, own and operate. Their agency has grown by 1000% over the last 18 months and provides home healthcare services to homebound patients in Detroit and beyond.
Dr. Moorer is a TEDx Speaker and has been recognized and featured locally and nationally as a healthcare business leader, former business school dean, entrepreneur, and community advocate on ABC, FOX, NBC, Black Enterprise Magazine, Crain’s Detroit Business, DBusiness Magazine, Michigan Chronicle, and Network Journal (NYC).
Moorer hosts a biweekly podcast, Home Health Care Today Show, in an effort to inform, inspire, influence, and educate listeners about a variety of health and wellness topics, and is also the bestselling author of From Failure to Promise: 360 Degrees, a memoir in which he chronicled his journey from college flunk-out—to engineer, consultant, business school dean, educator, philanthropist, and entrepreneur.
Director of Public Relations
Success in Media, Inc.