Available for Interviews: Dr. Cleamon Moorer, Jr.
Cleamon Moorer, Jr., DBA, is President and CEO, American Advantage Home Care, Inc. His home healthcare agency has served thousands of patients all throughout Metro Detroit. He is also the bestselling author of From Failure to Promise: 360 Degrees.
What Dr. Moorer can say in an interview about
the Mental Health Wellbeing of Homebound Patients:
- The mental health and wellness of home-bound patients often go ignored or less attended due to the focus on physical health treatments and interventions (i.e. physical therapy, occupational therapy, and skilled nursing.)
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s patients are vastly affected by mood and events that increase the vulnerability and propensity of anger, frustration, and rage.
- Anxiety and depression are comorbidities to most chronic illnesses and diagnoses that often trigger alcoholism, substance abuse, and medication mismanagement.
- Grief and loss of work, careers, passions, vitality, and loved ones. oftentimes accelerates physical and cognitive decline.
- Many home health care providers provide the assistance of psychiatric nurses and therapists under physician orders and recommendations.
Related Stories in the News
Why Home Health Providers Should Consider Offering Behavioral Health Services [Home Health Care News]
Interview: Dr. Cleamon Moorer, Jr.
Dr. Cleamon Moorer, Jr., holds a Doctorate of Business Administration and a post-grad Certificate in Excellence for Healthcare Professionals from Cornell University. He is President and CEO of American Advantage Home Care, Inc., which he and his spouse, Nicole C. Willis-Moorer, own and operate. Their agency has grown by 1000% over the last 18 months and provides home healthcare services to homebound patients in Detroit and beyond.
Dr. Moorer is a TEDx Speaker and has been recognized and featured locally and nationally as a healthcare business leader, former business school dean, entrepreneur, and community advocate on ABC, FOX, NBC, Black Enterprise Magazine, Crain’s Detroit Business, DBusiness Magazine, Michigan Chronicle, and Network Journal (NYC).
Moorer hosts a biweekly podcast, Home Health Care Today Show, in an effort to inform, inspire, influence, and educate listeners about a variety of health and wellness topics, and is also the bestselling author of From Failure to Promise: 360 Degrees, a memoir in which he chronicled his journey from college flunk-out—to engineer, consultant, business school dean, educator, philanthropist, and entrepreneur.
Director of Public Relations
Success in Media, Inc.