Available for Interviews: Dr. Tammy Penhollow
Dr. Tammy Penhollow is a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, specializing in anesthesiology, pain management, and regenerative medicine. Having over 20 years of experience has helped her to cultivate a passion for regenerative medicine and holistic healing. Dr. Penhollow practices at Precision Regenerative Medicine in the greater Phoenix area.
What Dr. Tammy Penhollow can say in an interview on the use of Pulse Oximeters:
What is the role of Pulse Oximetry monitoring outside the medical facilities in COVID-19?
Wearable health monitor use is climbing and up to 80% of consumers reported willingness to wear fitness technology. Pulse Oximetry could prove to be a helpful monitor during COVID-19.
- Pulse oximetry is a valuable adjunct in monitoring a patient’s ability to supply their tissues with oxygen.
- The severity of respiratory distress is linked directly to the oxygen saturation percentage (the number shown on the pulse oximeter).
- Anesthesiologists use pulse oximetry as a standard of care for sedation cases and general anesthesia.
- In the pandemic, home oximeters may allow patients who have mild disease to monitor themselves at home and if their number falls below a number previously discussed with their physician, they can escalate their care to an emergency department.
- For those ready to leave the hospital and recovering at home, the oximeter may detect a relapse or complication in their recovery and similarly serve as one tool to push them back toward the emergency department.
Interview: Dr. Tammy Penhollow
Dr. Tammy Penhollow practices at Precision Regenerative Medicine in Scottsdale, Arizona, where develops individualized treatment plans for musculoskeletal and spine interventions with PRP and bone marrow aspirate using image guidance, as well as micro-needling with PRP for skin, hair and anti-aging conditions. She also stays active in teaching as an Instructor in Anesthesiology for the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science and as a Supplemental Consultant for the Department of Anesthesiology & Perioperative Medicine at the Mayo Clinic in Phoenix.
A former active duty US Naval Officer, Dr. Penhollow has lived, practiced, and has been deployed around the US and overseas. She embodies the lifestyle she recommends to her patients and is an active hiker, gardener and yogi as well as a French trained home chef and an aspiring sommelier.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.