Available for Interviews: Mario Payne, CFP
Mario Payne is a Certified Personal Planner and is the Founder of TOAMS Financial in Jacksonville. Mario brings over 15 years of investment experience to his business. He is also the author of the forthcoming book, The RELAX Investor: Conquering Fear & Investing Through Self-Discover.
What Mario Payne could say on
How to Take Advantage of Tax Opportunities:
1. Maximize Tax-Advantaged Accounts. Contributing to tax-advantaged retirement accounts like 401(k)s, Roth IRAs, and traditional IRAs can provide substantial tax savings. Not only do these accounts allow your investments to grow tax-free, but contributions may be tax deductible, depending on the type of account and your income level.
2. Understand Capital Gains Tax. If you’re investing in non-retirement accounts, it’s important to understand long-term versus short-term capital gains tax rates. Holding onto investments for more than a year before selling can often result in lower tax rates on your gains due to the preferential treatment of long-term capital gains.
3. Use Tax-Loss Harvesting. If you’ve sold investments at a loss, you can use these losses to offset capital gains in other investments. This technique, known as tax-loss harvesting, can reduce your overall tax liability.
4. Consider Charitable Contributions. Donating to qualified charitable organizations can be deducted from your taxable income if you itemize your deductions. Additionally, donating appreciated securities can provide additional tax advantages.
5. Leverage the Gift Tax Exemption. If you can do so, taking advantage of the annual gift tax exclusion can be a useful way to reduce a taxable estate while helping others. You can give a certain amount to as many people as you want each year without those gifts counting against your lifetime exemption.
Interview: Mario Payne, CFP
Mario Payne is a Certified Personal Planner and is the Founder of TOAMS Financial in Jacksonville, Florida’s trusted group of financial advisors. The meaning of TOAMS is Tithe Offering Alms Means Stewardship. He has built his SEC-registered firm on the premise of helping clients while “Making Investing Simple.” Besides building his firm, Mario is very proud to be Dave Ramsey’s ONLY minority Endorsed Local Professional Smartvestor in Jacksonville, FL.
TOAMS Financial offers an array of personalized services, support, and guidance that will help make a positive difference in pursuing their client’s financial goals. They specialize in college planning, investment, retirement, and estate management services.
Mario Payne brings over 20 years of investment experience to his business. Mario made history in February 2022. His co-owned company launched the first African-American-owned AI ETF on the New York Stock Exchange. The symbol is LETB. The goal of this fund is to limit investment losses while maximizing gains.
Mario Payne is also a veteran who served in the United States Army as a financial sergeant, guiding soldiers to achieve their financial goals. His passion for serving the community is the backbone of TOAMS Financial.
Payne is the author of the forthcoming book, The RELAX Investor: Conquering Fear & Investing Through Self-Discover.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.