Available for Interviews: Dr. Franchell Hamilton
Dr. Franchell Hamilton, MD, FACS, FASMBS, FOMA, is the Founder of NeuroSwitch™ Weigh Loss–a place for people to receive treatments ranging from bariatric surgery and medical weight loss to hormone therapy. Dr. Hamiltion recently released Curiosity is the Best Weight Loss Medicine: Observations from a Bariatric Surgeon.
What Dr. Hamilton could say on
The American Diet Epidemic:
The standard American diet is disheartening and consists mainly of processed food originally meant to be able to last longer during the Industrial Revolution.
- Diet-related deaths in the US outrank deaths from smoking.
- Half of US deaths are from heart disease.
- Dietary risks were responsible for 11 million deaths over a period of time, according to some studies.
- 900 people die a day from heart disease alone, and this is linked to a poor diet.
- Artificial sweeteners and processed meats are the most notable here in the US.
- Obesity has become the 3rd global killer among lifestyle diseases, which can also be tracked in the US diet.
- The US can not fix hunger by feeding people cheap, high-calorie processed food; this just results in the worsening of the cardiac and obesity epidemic—this food is the most abundant here in the US and has spread globally.
6 Ways to Resolve Our Diet Problem
- Treat food as medicine.
- Make healthy food affordable.
- Insurers should pay for healthy groceries and health/nutrition education.
- Programs like WIC should focus on the quality of food, not the amount of food; food stamps should require quality over quantity.
- All Americans should get preventative behavioral lifestyle coverage
- Support our farmers.
Interview: Dr. Franchell Hamilton
Dr. Hamilton is a Triads Award-Winning, Board Certified Surgeon who gave up operating on the stomach to operating on the mind to treat chronic conditions such as obesity and diabetes. Dr. Hamiltion recently released Curiosity is the Best Weight Loss Medicine: Observations from a Bariatric Surgeon. She is also the author of two other books: Transformation Is a Mindset: The Journey to Changing Your Input and Your World and And the Best Diet Is . . . .
Dr. Hamilton is passionate about helping to change the lives of those she meets through practicing medicine and consulting. As a once-practicing bariatric surgeon, Dr. Hamilton has firsthand experience addressing the challenges and pain points of patients being treated for cardiometabolic diseases. She founded NeuroSwitch™ Weigh Loss—a place for her patients to receive treatments ranging from bariatric surgery and medical weight loss to hormone therapy. Dr. Hamilton also has a 4-week program that addresses the neuroscience behind regaining weight to help patients transform their lives: StopTheRegain.com.
Dr. Hamilton is a podcast host on Your Health Transformed that discusses various popular and innovative health topics to challenge our current way of thinking about medicine.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.