Interview: Jason Deitch.
Jason Deitch, is a Doctor of Chiropractic, author, international speaker, and social media expert.. He speaks on health & wellness trends and role of chiropractic care in family wellness. He is also the best-selling author of Discover Wellness: How Staying Healthy Can Make You Rich.
on on Social Media:
Social media has gotten a bad rap as of late. If we allow it to be, social media can be a source of unhealthy comparison, consumption and critique. There are likely few among us who haven’t questioned the time we’ve spent scrolling down miles of Newsfeed—time we’ve felt in retrospect that could have been invested in chasing our dreams or strengthening intimate bonds.
But is social media all bad? Are Facebook and Instagram just a guilty pleasure—or worse, an unhealthy addiction?
The key to making social media healthy for you is to:
- take control of the type of content you subscribe to
- be aware of the amount of time you spend on it, and
- stay conscious of the posture you’re in while viewing your screens and devices.
HERE ARE 5 STEPS you can take right now to take control of your Newsfeed and make social media healthy for you:
- Unfollow what makes you unhealthy.
- Like, Follow and See First what makes you healthier.
- Look UP! Physically, look up by taking a mobile moment every 20 min, look 20 ft away for at least 20 seconds Mentally, look up and feel more optimistic by choosing to focus on things in your life that are looking up Socially, look up and be present with the people in your life who you respect and look up to.
- Get connected and engage with your tribes.
- Be kind, be generous, and share the love.
- Social media is a reflection of who we are. With all of the media we consume, if we don’t like what we’re watching, reading or listening to, we’re in control and social media is no different. Just like we can change the channel or turn the page, we can make sure we’re feeding our minds good news that inspires us to live happy, healthy lives.
- You make social media healthy for you when you use it as a tool to help you wake-up inspired, make healthy choices throughout the day and connect with friends, family, and other positive people who make your life better.
- Discover how you can take control of your Newsfeed and make social media healthy for you by subscribing to our tribe at www.facebook.com/LookUPAmerica.org.
LookUPAmerica.org is a public service campaign to inspire people daily, to take mobile moments and LookUP from our screens, social media and social networks for better mental, social and physical health.
Some questions that can ask ourselves include:
- What can I be doing to use these tools with more positive intention?
- What can I be doing to bring more compassion and integrity to other people I’m concerned about and connected to?
- How can I be using the world’s largest social network to share my voice, engage with like minds and make a more positive difference in my community and the world?
Those are the foundational questions that led to the creation of AmpLIFEiedLiving, an organic health, clean living and human performance social media publisher.
Take the first step now to ensure you wake up tomorrow and everyday refreshed, recharged and ready for a great day!
Interview: Dr. Jason Deitch
Jason Deitch, is a Doctor of Chiropractic, author, and international speaker. He speaks on health & wellness trends and role of chiropractic care in family wellness. He is also the best-selling author of Discover Wellness: How Staying Healthy Can Make You Rich. Dr. Deitch is also a social media expert and Founder / Creator of LookUP America. He regularly appears in the media to discuss health care trends and their impact on social media.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.
For more information about LookUP America: www.facebook.com/lookupamerica.org
For more information about AmpLIFEiedLiving: www.facebook.com/AmpLIFEiedLiving
For more information about Dr. Jason Deitch: www.facebook.com/drjasondeitch