Available for Interviews: Christopher Elliott
Christopher Elliott is an author, advocate, and journalist. He writes six weekly columns about customer service, with a special emphasis on travel and technology. His work reaches more than 10 million readers a week. You
have likely read his work in USA Today or The Washington Post.
What Travel Expert and Consumer Advocate, Christopher Elliot,
can say about Using Travel Agents:
As travel continues to be challenging especially during the pandemic one might consider hiring a travel agent to do the legwork for them.
“You need a travel adviser because travel is complicated,” says Christopher Elliott
- Travel agents have many connections and destination knowledge.
- They navigate the new complexities of travel.
- They have the ability to negotiate with their suppliers to postpone your trip and secure your investment should something go wrong.
- They can help you navigate trips with dozens of options, understand the fees associated with these bookings, as well as the components of travel insurance, and examine travel products like cruises and tours that have many moving parts to them.
- They can break down the COVID requirements, like vaccination and testing, and other key points when it comes to traveling to certain places during the pandemic.
- They can add additional perks, like an upgrade, early check-in or late check-out, or some other surprise upon arrival to your destination.
How to find a travel agent:
The rules and regulations are constantly changing, so using a travel agent can really help to navigate the travel waters and reduce a potentially stressful experience.
“When it comes to travel agents, there’s a growing divide between online agents that simply process your travel requests and well-trained travel consultants who do what no computer can, which is to anticipate what travelers need before they even ask for it.”
Read Christopher Elliott’s full article from USA Today here:
Interview: Christopher Elliott
Christopher Elliott, author of two books which are practical guides that help people make smarter purchases: How To Be The World’s Smartest Traveler (And Save Time, Money and Hassle) (National Geographic) and Scammed: How to Save Your Money and Find Better Service in a World of Schemes, Swindles, and Shady Deals (Wiley). He founded two nonprofit organizations for consumers. Elliott Advocacy is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization that empowers people to solve their problems and helps those who can’t. Elliott.org helps readers through direct advocacy, journalism on an ad-free website, and maintaining the largest database of executive contact information on the Internet. He also co-founded Travelers United, a nonprofit organization that works in Washington to help travelers. Elliott also writes six weekly columns that have a combined reach of 10 million readers, including The Washington Post, USA Today, and Forbes, and his articles can be seen in newspapers and magazines across the country.
In addition to being a nationally recognized expert on customer service, Elliott is an inveterate traveler. In his spare time, he enjoys hiking, photography, and scuba diving. His weekly family travel column for USA Today chronicles his never-ending journey around the world with his three children. Elliott is based in Prescott, Arizona.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.