Available: One of our Healthcare Media Ambassadors
What they can say:
- This problem is real and not having early morning sun could be a big problem.
- SAD is an environmentally based disorder where the changes in season (and amount of lightness) affects your mood.
- Possible solutions? more sunlight, vitamin D, light therapy (get a “lightbox”), mind-body connection (yoga, meditation), psychotherapy.
- It might surprise some that Chiropractic helps lessen depression and improve quality of life.
- Often when the weather gets cooler (and less light), people are out less. Intend to socialize more, make plans, get out and get social support.
- SAD is more than just “winter blues.” It is actual depression that can interfere with daily functioning.
- Though more common in women, depression looks different in men and women, as well as children. Look out for irritability, loss of interest in daily activities, increase/decreased sleep or eating, loss of energy
For Interviews Contact:
Success In Media