Available for Interviews: Paul Tracey
Paul Tracey is the Founder & CEO of Innovative Technologies, a Managed Security Service Provider in New York, and is a national speaker, cyber security educator, small business advocate, and author of Delete The Hacker Playbook and Cyber Storm.
What Paul Tracey can say in an interview on
We should all know by now that ransomware is a threat to everyone, not just companies.
The data tells us that 95% of ransomware attacks originate with social engineering and phishing emails. So if we want to mitigate the majority of risks, social media and email hygiene are a necessity.
Tips for social media
- Use a Fake Birthday. Never add your real birthday on social media sites. Your real friends know when it is; hackers should have to work harder to find it.
- Review Your Installed Apps. At least once a month (hopefully more) review any apps that have a connection to your social media accounts. Remove any app you don’t absolutely need.
- Don’t Be Quick to Accept Requests. Never accept requests from suspicious accounts. They could potentially be fake accounts.
Tips for email
- Use a Passphrase. Use a long passphrase like a movie quote that is over 12 characters and uses numbers and special characters. It takes a program less than five minutes to break simple passwords of less than 8 characters. Whereas a complex passphrase of 12 or more characters takes over 25 years.
- Screen Your Email. Screen your email like you do your regular mail. When you check your mailbox do you immediately filter the junk mail, check to see all the mail is yours, and check who sent it to you? Don’t open any email you aren’t expecting to receive.
- Email links. If you did not request or expect someone to send you a link to something in an email do not click or scroll over it. If it’s someone you know open a new email (do not reply) and simply ask if and why they sent you a link.
Interview: Paul Tracey
Paul Tracey is the Founder and CEO of Innovative Technologies, a Managed Security Service Provider in New York, and is a national speaker, cyber security educator, and small business advocate, and author of Delete The Hacker Playbook and Cyber Storm.
Nearly a successful decade in business, Innovative Technologies continues to help clients ensure they have security and compliance procedures in place and well-trained staff. They have earned the reputation as a leading managed security services provider (MSSP) in upstate New York.
Tracey has been featured in MSP Success Magazine and on the Success Spotlight podcast and also runs an MSSP dedicated to helping small and medium-size businesses protect their reputation, money, and customers from cybercriminals.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.