Available for Interviews: Dr. Travis Parry
Travis Parry, PhD, is a speaker, coach, and educator and has a passion for helping others in achieve a healthy work/life balance. Parry is also the author of the #1 bestseller, Achieving Balance: Make Time to Reach Your Business and Personal Goals in an Overworked World.
What Dr. Parry Can Say in an Interview:
If “time is money” then why don’t we have more financial advisors managing their own portfolio better? Financial advisors are one of the worst offenders of productivity principles as they wear many different hats throughout their workday. These 5 tips can give clarity to the work day, increase productivity, and lead to better work/life balance:
1) Identify Your Sweet Spot. Find the 3–5 most important tasks to do during the workday and try to spend the majority of it on those activities. Delete, delegate, or automate the other lesser important tasks.
2) Use Your Calendar. Do not schedule anything without consulting your calendar. When you do make an appointment, do not overbook and give yourself space between appointments. Use this time to get a break and/or travel.
3) Close Your Email. Open email each day only when you intend to check and reply to email. Turn off notifications when it is not time for email. This is usually the number one distractor for advisors. You are helpers who want to reply and help clients with simple and complicated situations but save it for specific times throughout the day that you have set.
4) Delegate/Outsource. For those activities that aren’t a high priority stop doing them! Why are you doing a $7 task when you should outsource or delegate that to a team member. If you are a solo-advisor try and automate those tasks like calendaring, reminders, etc., before you hire someone part- or full-time to help you.
5) Track Your Time. Just like tracking your clients’ budgets or investments, tracking your own time and analyzing where you are actually using it will give you a good snapshot of where you are with your time usage. Advisors who make corrections just by analyzing the results and doing this exercise have found it to be very beneficial to utilizing time well!
Interview: Dr. Travis Parry
Travis Parry, received his masters in psychology and his doctorate in family and human development. He is a speaker, coach, educator, and author of Achieving Balance: Make Time to Reach Your Business and Personal Goals in an Overworked World. Originally started out as a financial advisor twenty years ago, Parry now coaches and speaks in the personal development space, whose primary mission is to help financial professionals and business owners to make healthy relationship and career changes that can positively affect their lives so that they can live with true purpose.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.