Available for Interviews: Dr. Karyn Eilber
Karyn Eilber, MD, is a board-certified urologist, an associate professor of urology & OB/GYN at Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles, and is an expert in women’s health and men & women’s sexual wellness.
What Dr. Eilber can say in an interview on
Sexual Health & Exercise:
You eat right for your heart health, you do yoga for your mental health, so why not exercise for your sexual health too?
- Confidence. When you exercise, you feel fit and trim which generally improves self-esteem, and nothing is sexier than self-confidence.
- Endurance. Regular exercise improves cardiovascular health which in turn increases endurance. When it comes to increased endurance and sexual activity, no explanation is needed.
- Circulation. Aerobic exercise increases circulation which results in increased blood flow. Increased blood flow to the genitals is what happens with arousal and results in improved erectile dysfunction and increased sensation.
- Intensity. An orgasm is a rhythmic contraction of the pelvic floor muscles. Pelvic muscle exercises, also known as Kegel exercises, strengthen the pelvic floor which can potentially make orgasms more intense.
- Stress Reduction. Stress has a negative impact on libido, and exercise can help reduce stress to improve sex drive.
Heart health, mental health, and sexual health—all part of your overall well-being.
Interview: Dr. Karyn Eilber
Karyn Eilber, MD, is a board-certified urologist with sub-specialty board certification in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery and has over 20 years of experience taking care of women’s most intimate needs. She is an Associate Professor of Urology and Obstetrics & Gynecology at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and is the Associate Program Director for the Cedars-Sinai Urology Residency Training Program. Prior to joining Cedars-Sinai, Dr. Eilber served at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center’s Urology Department, where she gained extensive experience in pelvic reconstruction following cancer treatment.
Dr. Eilber’s research focus has been in the field of urogynecology, and she has published multiple peer-reviewed manuscripts and book chapters. In addition to being a member and past president of the Los Angeles Urologic Society, Dr. Eilber is a member of the American Urological Association, the Society of Urodynamics, Female Pelvic Medicine & Urogenital reconstruction, the American Urogynecologic Society, and the Society of Women in Urology. She is also a Founding Medical Partner of Doctorpedia.
Dr. Eilber earned her bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Sciences from the University of California, Riverside, which was an accelerated 3-year premedical program that allowed her to matriculate into the University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine (UCLA). She completed a general surgery internship, urology residency, and female pelvic medicine fellowship at UCLA.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.