Available for Interviews: Dr. Franchell Hamilton
Dr. Franchell Hamilton, MD, FACS, FASMBS, FOMA is the Founder of NeuroSwitch™ Weigh Loss–a place for people to receive treatments ranging from bariatric surgery and medical weight loss to hormone therapy. Dr. Hamiltion is also the author of two books, Transformation Is a Mindset: The Journey to Changing Your Input and Your World and And the Best Diet Is . . . .
What Dr. Hamilton could say on
the Topic of Celebrity Diets:
Adele and other celebrities were recently highlighted in the news because of dramatic weight loss. Many people get excited about celebrity diets, but a bariatric surgeon can talk about the realities of weight loss for the rest of us. Fad diets can be exciting, but do they work?
- It can feel very encouraging when we see celebrities lose a lot of weight. The reality is, they have the resources to hire consultants that other people can’t. Many also have personal trainers and even personal chefs. For the rest of us, we need to go about losing weight differently.
- We tend to see that weight-loss diets do not work for the long term. The average person really needs a lifestyle change that will help them through the rest of their life—not a fad diet.
- Typical diets often end up decreasing metabolism and do not last, and people end up gaining more weight back than they lost.
- Fad diets can be a good jump starter instead of the end-all-be-all.
- Find something that works with YOUR lifestyle. It could be Keto or low carbs. You need to find something that becomes a LIFESTYLE.
- Exercise is not a four-letter word! and it is ESSENTIAL for any lasting weight control and health & wellness goals.
- Certain medications can help people long-term.
- Behavior changes are a MUST for the long term, i.e., snacking throughout the day. These bad habits need to be noticed and changed.
Interview: Dr. Franchell Hamilton
Dr. Hamilton is a Triads Award-Winning, Board Certified Surgeon, who gave up operating on the stomach to operating on the mind to treat chronic conditions such as obesity and diabetes. She is the author of two books, Transformation is a mindset: The Journey to Changing Your Input and Your World and And the Best Diet Is . . . , and now educates other providers around the world on what she discovered in her practice through her master class.
Dr. Hamilton is passionate about helping to change the lives of those she meets through practicing medicine and consulting. As a once practicing bariatric surgeon, Dr. Hamilton has firsthand experience addressing the challenges and pain points of patients being treated for cardiometabolic diseases. She founded NeuroSwitch™ Weigh Loss—a place for her patients to receive treatments ranging from bariatric surgery and medical weight loss to hormone therapy.
Dr. Hamilton is a podcast host on Your Health Transformed that discusses a variety of popular and innovative health topics to challenge our current way of thinking about medicine.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.