Available for Interviews: Raphael Velazquez
Raphael Velazquez, NSCA CSCS, is the founder of VELA, and is a certified strength and conditioning specialist, celebrity trainer, and body transformation expert. He is also the author of Core Fitness: Your Best Shape, Looking and Feeling Great.
What Raphael Velazquez can say in an interview on
Achieving Our Fitness Goals:
- Dream big and step small! Goal-setting is what allows us as people to continue to strive to feel and look better and to become more optimal. There’s no problem with dreaming big. The issue is thinking you can achieve them in little time with minimal effort.
- Be realistic. This ties in with dreaming big. As you start your new fitness goals, understand that you’ll find out what shape you’re really in. Whether you’re following a program, taking classes, working with a trainer, or winging it, after the first sessions, you’ll know where your current fitness level is.
- Abide by the 365% rule. With your new big goals, take it step-by-step. Focus on improving at least 1% daily. You do that for a year and you’ve improved 365%. Stay present, keep your mind focused on the day that’s in front of you and what you’re currently doing. With that presence of mind, you will be in total control of your current state.
- Be patient. Patience truly is a virtue in everything. It takes time to get clear on your goals and it’ll take time to achieve big goals. That’s great because the lessons you will learn and the understanding of yourself that will happen during this year will surprise you.
- Think long-term. Big goals take time to achieve. There’s no way around it. Rome wasn’t built in a day, nor will your goals be achieved overnight. Think long-term with your decisions on your nutrition, fitness, and health. Longevity is the focus here and let’s make sure you feel better as you age!
- Enjoy who you’re becoming. The time between you dreaming big and you attaining your goals, will take time. You will learn a lot about yourself, see ways that you can improve, see what you’re good at. As you get fit and healthier, enjoy the process and the person you’re evolving to. The attitude that you have during your journey will impact your experience tremendously and will impact how long it’ll take you to achieve your goals.
Interview: Raphael Velazquez
Raphael Velazquez, NSCA CSCS, is the founder of VELA, and is a certified strength and conditioning specialist, celebrity trainer, and body transformation expert. He has built an unparalleled rapport within the fitness and entertainment industry. With years of experience in sculpting and transforming physiques and minds, Raphael formulates and implements techniques catered to the specific goals and needs of each of his clients. Best known for his work in strength and conditioning, Raphael possesses the expertise and professionalism needed to successfully meet demands and sculpt bodies and minds, while coaching his clients to fully embody their best lives. Raphael’s style is evident in the results you see in his clients, his physique is equally important. Recently featured in the Equinox “Impossible Happens” campaign, Miami Swim Week, New York Fashion Week, and Good Morning America with Brooke Burke.
Raphael also has a B.S. in exercise physiology, and in addition to training celebrities, entrepreneurs, and everyday people, he is a motivational speaker, a passionate advocate for the youth being a member of Mastermind Connect, and is devoted to serving others along their journey.
Raphael comes from a Dominican household. As a first-generation American, Raphael looks to be an example to inspire other first-generation Americans to go for their dreams and make them a reality based on one’s circumstances, resources, resiliency, creativity & grit.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.