Available for Interviews: Dr. Reagan B. Anderson
Dr. Anderson is the author of Universal Death Care: A Solution for Healthcare in the Age of Entitlement. Dr. Anderson was a combat doctor in Iraq, and has since run a successful medical clinic in the U.S. He wrote this book because he is tired of profit-driven policies that don’t support American’s health. For this reason, Anderson has dedicated his life to changing healthcare in America.
What Dr. Anderson Can Say in
an Interview on the Obesity Crisis:
Obesity Isn’t Your Fault
- Food companies hire teams of chemists to make food as psychologically addictive as possible stimulating many of the same pathways as illicit drugs.
- Our gut bacteria are changed the more we eat processed, bad foods. Then, the gut bacteria actually changes to the bacteria that likes the processed foods. Much of our food cravings come from this bacteria.
- People who eat more than 4 ultra-processed foods a day have a 62% increased risk of dying from all causes. For each serving above 4/day the risk increases another 18%.
- We think that drugs will solve all our problems. 73.9% of physician visits involve drug therapy. Physicians get paid more when the prescribe drugs.
- Increased stress leads to less sleep, overeating, poor choices, etc.
- No real consequences for years until it is too late and you have serious health problems from obesity.
Obesity Is Good for Business
- 42% of Americans are obese. 72% are overweight or obese
- Obesity related conditions include heart disease, stroke, osteoarthritis, kidney disease, type 2 diabetes, some forms of cancer, …. https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/adult.html
- Estimated cost of obesity is $480.7B in medical costs and 1.24T in lost productivity = 9.3% of GDP. $3.6T is the total amount spent on healthcare in the USA, or 17.7% of GDP.
- Average increase in medical spending due to obesity for Medicare is 37%. https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/full/10.1377/hlthaff.W3.219#:~:text=The%20average%20increase%20in%20annual,are%20statistically%20significant%20(%20p%20%3C%20.
- CDC estimates that 1/3 people will be diabetic by 2050.
What are we going to do about this public health crisis?
Interview: Dr. Reagan B. Anderson
Dr. Reagan Anderson is an Osteopathic Doctor (DO) who specializes in general Dermatology and in Mohs Micrographic Surgery for the treatment of skin cancer. Dr. Anderson moved to Vancouver, British Columbia where he attained his Bachelor of Science and Biology from the University of British Columbia and a Master of Christian Studies degree from Regent College. Dr. Anderson was then invited to attend the founding Osteopathic Medical School, Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Upon matriculation, Dr. Anderson was commissioned in the United States Navy where he spent the majority of his time serving the United States Marine Corps as the First Reconnaissance Battalion Surgeon. Dr. Anderson states, “Over the five years I spent in the U.S. Navy, it was my distinct honor to serve the medical needs of the military men and women of our great country. This experience, particularly my tours in Iraq where I treated U.S. and coalition military members as well as Iraqi civilians, gave me extensive experience in recognizing and treating the underlying causes of dermatologic conditions.”
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.