Available for Interviews: Dr. Mimi Secor
Dr. Mimi Secor DNP, FNP-BC, FAANP, FAAN, is a board-certified Nurse Practitioner specializing in Women’s Health for over 40 years. She is a sought-after national speaker and consultant has been featured in numerous local and national media outlets. Dr. Mimi is also a fitness and health advocate, and is passionate about helping women to lose weight and feel great, and is the #1 international bestselling author of Debut a New You: Transforming Your Life At Any Age.
What Dr. Mimi Secor could say in an interview on
Commuting to Work Via Bicyle:
We saw bicycling increase significantly over the past 18 months due to the pandemic. Being a bicycle enthusiast herself, Dr. Mimi can share the benefits of biking as well as the risks and safety precautions one should consider when commuting to work.
Health Benefits of Biking to Work:
- Accomplishing personal exercise goals as well as national recommendations while commuting to work.
- National Recommendations for cardio exercise: 150 minutes per week.
- Positive effects from being outdoors in nature.
- Weight loss
- Low-impact exercise
- Stress management effects, especially cycling home after a stressful workday.
- Improvement in both heart and mental health
- Financial savings
- Exposure to air pollution, car exhaust, etc.
- Risk of accidents, especially involving motor vehicles.
- The concern of arriving to work dirty, sweaty, or smelly.
- The need to shower and dress when arriving at work.
- If a family emergency may be challenging to respond to in a timely fashion.
- Must ride defensively.
- Wear a properly fitted helmet with reflective tape.
- Wear bright-colored clothing with reflective tape.
- Install a bright light on the front and back of the bicycle so others see you.
- Need for a mirror on helmet or bicycle or both.
- Carry pepper spray, for potential assault or dog attack.
- Apply sunscreen if needed based on when you are cycling to work.
- Pack clothing in case of rain, wind, and change in temperature.
- Avoid listening to music so you are aware of your surroundings.
- Avoid checking phone/social media while cycling (very dangerous).
- Watch for potholes, bumps, cars running red lights, animals/people darting across the street, etc.
- Follow the rules of the road. Assume cars may not stop for you or even see you.
- Watch out for car doors when passing parked cars on the sides of the roads.
Interview: Dr. Mimi Secor
Dr. Mimi Secor, DNP, FNP-BC, FAANP, FAAN, is a Nurse Practitioner, Educator, Health/Fitness Advocate. She is also a popular National Speaker and Consultant, educating advanced practice clinicians and consumers around the country and the world. She is the author of the #1 International bestselling book, Debut a New You: Transforming Your Life at Any Age.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.