Available for Interviews: Dr. Cleamon Moorer, Jr.
Cleamon Moorer, Jr., DBA, is President and CEO, American Advantage Home Care, Inc. His home healthcare agency has served thousands of patients throughout Metro Detroit. He is also the bestselling author of From Failure to Promise: 360 Degrees.
What Dr. Moorer can say in an interview about
a Career Opportunity in Home Health Care:
- Unemployment benefits outperform the rate of traditional home health aide wages.
- The pay increases and incentives in the fast-food industry, retail, and warehousing industries provide stiff competition for the health care labor and recruitment market.
- Home health aides often provide skilled care and services requiring professional training, development, and certification (i.e. Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Licensing).
- Home Health Aides help to decrease the overall expense of skilled nursing visits and the possibility of unnecessary hospital and/or urgent care admissions.
- Assisting patients in-home often require aides to work on holidays, weekends, and in all types of inclement weather conditions.
Interview: Dr. Cleamon Moorer, Jr.
Dr. Cleamon Moorer, Jr. holds a Doctorate of Business Administration and a post-grad Certificate in Excellence for Healthcare Professionals from Cornell University. He is President and CEO of American Advantage Home Care, Inc., which he and his spouse, Nicole C. Willis-Moorer, own and operate. Their agency has grown by 1000% over the last 18 months and provides home healthcare services to homebound patients in Detroit and beyond.
Dr. Moorer is a TEDx Speaker and has been recognized and featured locally and nationally as a healthcare business leader, former business school dean, entrepreneur, and community advocate on ABC, FOX, NBC, Black Enterprise Magazine, Crain’s Detroit Business, DBusiness Magazine, Michigan Chronicle, and Network Journal (NYC).
Moorer hosts a biweekly podcast, Home Health Care Today Show, to inform, inspire, influence, and educate listeners about a variety of health and wellness topics, and is also the bestselling author of From Failure to Promise: 360 Degrees, a memoir in which he chronicled his journey from college flunk-out—to engineer, consultant, business school dean, educator, philanthropist, and entrepreneur.
Director of Public Relations
Success in Media, Inc.