Available for Interviews: Dr. Cleamon Moorer, Jr.
Cleamon Moorer, Jr., DBA, is President and CEO, American Advantage Home Care, Inc. His home healthcare agency has served thousands of patients all throughout Metro Detroit. He is also the bestselling author of From Failure to Promise: 360 Degrees.
What Dr. Moorer can say in an interview about
Recovering at Home:
- Identify and communicate with your Primary Care Physician (PCP) prior to your hospital stay to see if they will sign orders and/or write a prescription for home health care.
- Inform your family that you prefer home health care vs. outpatient rehabilitation or nursing homes if possible and appropriate.
- Identify which family member will or can serve as primary contact and or caregiver during your recovery stages.
- Contact your insurance company to discuss and or negotiate any terms/co-pays if you have an HMO plan. (co-pays are N/A for Medicare/Medicaid recipients.)
- Be sure to select a home health care agency with a relatively high star rating, patient testimonials, professional accreditation, and one that is certified by the Center for Medicaid and Medicare Services.
Interview: Dr. Cleamon Moorer, Jr.
Dr. Cleamon Moorer, Jr., holds a Doctorate of Business Administration and a post-grad Certificate in Excellence for Healthcare Professionals from Cornell University. He is President and CEO of American Advantage Home Care, Inc., which he and his spouse, Nicole C. Willis-Moorer, own and operate. Their agency has grown by 1000% over the last 18 months and provides home healthcare services to homebound patients in Detroit and beyond.
Dr. Moorer is a TEDx Speaker and has been recognized and featured locally and nationally as a healthcare business leader, former business school dean, entrepreneur, and community advocate on ABC, FOX, NBC, Black Enterprise Magazine, Crain’s Detroit Business, DBusiness Magazine, Michigan Chronicle, and Network Journal (NYC).
Moorer hosts a biweekly podcast, Home Health Care Today Show, in an effort to inform, inspire, influence, and educate listeners about a variety of health and wellness topics, and is also the bestselling author of From Failure to Promise: 360 Degrees, a memoir in which he chronicled his journey from college flunk-out—to engineer, consultant, business school dean, educator, philanthropist, and entrepreneur.
Director of Public Relations
Success in Media, Inc.