Available for Interviews: Dr. Michael Evangel
Dr. Michael S. Evangel, Chiropractic Physician, is the owner of the Chiropractic Wellness Center in Paramus, NJ. For over 30 years, his mission is to provide state-of-the-art, high-quality care to people of all ages. Dr. Evangel also received his master’s degree in Environmental Health and has a passion for this area of expertise.
What Dr. Mike Evangel could say on
Depression & Our Environment:
Besides some of the more known ways to combat depression, like diet & exercise and vitamins & supplements, we can also look to both our environment and our own behaviors to offer solutions.
OUR ENVIRONMENT AND OUR HEALTH
- In addition, heavy metal toxicity, pesticides, and too many prescription drugs have been associated with depression.
- A number of studies have linked chronic depression to dehydration. 85% of brain tissue is made up of water. Dehydration causes mental clarity and focuses to diminish and even can create a “dehydration drunkenness” after losing just 2% of total body weight from dehydration. That is equivalent to a 150-pound person losing about 46 fluid ounces of water.
- To avoid toxins, it is good to drink filtered water, but beware! Groundwater contains the trace mineral lithium, and drinking only filtered water may cause lithium as well as other trace mineral deficiencies.
- Getting out in the fresh air and communicating with nature has a calming effect and is very therapeutic. Spending time in nature is a great way to fight depression. This is called eco-therapy.
Positive Behavioral HabitS
- Trying to be organized and planning your day in an efficient manner can help.
- Making lists so you won’t forget things can also reduce stress.
- Trying to maintain a positive attitude can also be greatly beneficial.
- Sleep deprivation can lead to depression and depression can cause the inability to sleep. They go hand in hand.
Depression is a serious condition that can be deadly. If someone you know is depressed to the point of contemplating doing harm to themselves, to others, or contemplating suicide, immediate medical / crisis intervention is vital.
Interview: Dr. Michael Evangel
Dr. Michael S. Evangel owner of Chiropractic Wellness Center. His practice specializes in treating a variety of conditions, from clinical nutrition to chronic low back and neck pain, to rehabilitation following an accident or injury. Other focuses include improving your diet, what supplements to take, avoiding toxins, creating a healthier workplace, and increasing the overall quality of your health. Dr. Evangel is a former science teacher with a master’s degree in environmental health.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.