Available for Interviews: Paul Tracey
Paul Tracey is the Founder & CEO of Innovative Technologies, a Managed Security Service Provider in New York, and is a national speaker, cyber security educator, small business advocate, and author of Delete The Hacker Playbook and Cyber Storm.
What Paul Tracey can say in an interview on
Protection Against Cyber Attacks:
The threat on infrastructure has taken on additional significance in the eyes of government agencies for this announcement to come from President Biden. The Whitehouse is pretty much begging you to stop ignoring the warnings and act now.
Not sure this applies to you? It does!
- For a president to make this announcement means that the FBI and CISA have seen the same indications of preparatory activity in terms of superficial penetration attempts on websites and an increase of phishing attacks.
- The acknowledgment that the government alone cannot defend against these threats alone should be a wake-up call to all businesses in the U.S. that are at severe risk for major cyberattacks.
- Businesses rely on other businesses and we know that interruption in supply chains can be devastating so we need to recognize that this is an everyone problem.
Here’s where the Whitehouse says get started asap:
- Mandate multi-factor authentication.
- Deploy modern security tools to look for and mitigate threats.
- Verify cybersecurity professionals have patched and protected against known vulnerabilities.
- Ensure backups are offline, secure, and up to date.
- Run drills and exercises and review emergency plans so that you are able to respond quickly and minimize impacts.
- Encrypt data.
- Educate the workforce on common attack mechanisms over email and websites.
- Encourage the workforce and vendors to report suspected events immediately.
If you are unclear about any of these items you should contact a cybersecurity professional to determine your current vulnerabilities. If you have internal IT or a provider make sure you are getting a third-party audit of your systems to validate the proper controls are in place.
Interview: Paul Tracey
Paul Tracey is the Founder and CEO of Innovative Technologies, a Managed Security Service Provider in New York, and is a national speaker, cyber security educator, small business advocate, and author of Delete The Hacker Playbook and Cyber Storm.
Nearly a successful decade in business, Innovative Technologies continues to help clients ensure they have security and compliance procedures in place and well-trained staff. They have earned the reputation as a leading managed security services provider (MSSP) in upstate New York.
Tracey has been featured in MSP Success Magazine and on the Success Spotlight podcast and also runs an MSSP dedicated to helping small and medium-size businesses protect their reputation, money, and customers from cybercriminals.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.