Available for Interviews: Nadine Levitt
Nadine Levitt is an education advocate, speaker, and the CEO & Founder of WURRLYedu, an educational technology platform. Nadine specializes in the social-emotional curriculum (SEL), and she is also the author of the children’s book, My Mama Says Inside Me Lives a Village.
What Nadine Levitt can say about School Reopening This Fall:
- Covid is not yet over! And our youngest are not yet able to be vaccinated, so what does that mean for schools?
- Mental health and wellbeing (and general learning) have been heavily impacted by the lack of socialization, so it is really important to reopen our schools in person, and based on CDC Guidelines, it seems this can be achieved with limited risk.
- Many teachers are struggling with how to make their classroom welcoming and inclusive, while still adhering to CDC Guidelines of masking, physical distancing, and often a lot of Perspex separating desks and teachers.
- Countless studies have shown that students cannot learn unless they believe they can and will succeed—and anxiety or stress overload greatly inhibits that.
- Nadine has some tips for teachers and parents on how to help kids process their anxiety and stress in a healthy way, to make room for learning, and more!
Interview: Nadine Levitt
Nadine Levitt is a Swiss-born, German, Kiwi, American thought leader, speaker, and author who is passionate about education, especially focusing on child emotional wellness, social and emotional skill development using the Arts, and EdTech.
In 2015 she founded the technology company WURRLY, which also makes WURRLYedu—a leading music education solution being used in schools across 22 states. Nadine has authored two children´s books for social and emotional learning (Inside Me Lives a Village and Inside Me Lives a Superhero), initially developed as a tool to use with her own kids, to help them develop positive self-awareness, self-regulation skills, confidence, empathy, creativity, and self-expression. This quickly grew into a school program, with the development of a supporting curriculum and classroom resources, and toys and other children’s products that foster a healthy relationship with emotions.
As an education thought leader, Nadine Levitt gives keynote speeches around the world on the subjects of music education, social and emotional learning, and technology in classrooms.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.