Available for Interviews: Nadine Levitt
Nadine Levitt is an education advocate, speaker, and the CEO & Founder of WURRLYedu, an educational technology platform. Nadine specializes in the social-emotional curriculum (SEL), and she is also the author of the children’s book, My Mama Says Inside Me Lives a Village.
What Nadine Levitt can say about Summer Learning:
- This year has seen a lot of kids fall behind in terms of academic progress, so should you rush to online learning to try and close the gap before it becomes a grand canyon?
- A lot of Districts opted out of standardized testing this year so it is difficult to know with any real certainty how great the learning loss was, but early data indicates that it was significant (especially in Math) due to less instructional time, less personalized learning, greater absenteeism and for more families (particularly in the lower socio-economic bracket) a lack of access to technology, wifi, and other learning resources.
- On the flip side, perhaps, more importantly, the mental health and wellbeing of our students have been heavily taxed this year, so the summer break may be more important than ever, as it allows them to reset and refuel for the coming year.
- But that doesn’t mean they need a complete break from everything! The trick is to find learning activities that are both FUN and ENGAGING! Many summer camps and enrichment programs and online learning use gamification as part of their learning model. Focus on the mind-body connection, and we FIRST need to focus on the health of the mind and body and THEN the academic development.
- Nadine can offer suggestions for camps and activities that strike a good balance, and many of them are free and can be fun for the whole family!
Interview: Nadine Levitt
Nadine Levitt is a Swiss-born, German, Kiwi, American thought leader, speaker, and author who is passionate about education, especially focusing on child emotional wellness, social and emotional skill development using the Arts, and EdTech.
In 2015 she founded the technology company WURRLY, which also makes WURRLYedu—a leading music education solution being used in schools across 22 states. Nadine has authored two children´s books for social and emotional learning (Inside Me Lives a Village and Inside Me Lives a Superhero), initially developed as a tool to use with her own kids, to help them develop positive self-awareness, self-regulation skills, confidence, empathy, creativity, and self-expression. This quickly grew into a school program, with the development of a supporting curriculum and classroom resources, and toys and other children’s products that foster a healthy relationship with emotions.
As an education thought leader, Nadine Levitt gives keynote speeches around the world on the subjects of music education, social and emotional learning, and technology in classrooms.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.