Available for Interviews: Chris Janeway
Chris Janeway is Founder & CEO Fourth Point Wealth and coaches investors throughout southern CA. He is also a national speaker, financial coach and an advocate for financial literacy.
What Chris Janeway can say in an interview about
The 4% Rule & Retirement:
- We’ve long heard the 4% rule for distributing your assets in retirement. Does the rule, first popularized in the 1970s still apply?
- We’re living much longer than when this rule was first developed and we’re living with significantly higher healthcare costs AND we aren’t retiring much later, despite our longer lives.
- Interest rates are lower, making it harder to achieve growth for conservative investors in retirement.
- So, given all this, does the 4% rule really still apply? It ultimately depends on when someone retires. Right now, for the 65-year-old retiree in good health, we’re recommending a 3-3.5% distribution rate with market-sensitive withdrawals.
- We can discuss what factors apply here.
Interviews: Chris Janeway
Chris Janeway is Founder & CEO Fourth Point Wealth, a wealth management and coaching firm which manages over $100 million, helping families build confidence and grow their wealth.
Chris Janeway founded Fourth Point Wealth to fix the broken investor experience. Chris works with individuals and organizations who value collaboration with a financial coach, and he’s developed a process that helps investors identify their goals, pinpoint gaps, and truly understand their wealth. Chris is passionate about client education and believes that, through a clear focus on coaching, investors are more likely to remain confident and committed to their long-term plan and avoid common imprudent decisions that damage our financial future.
When Chris is away from the office, he loves to golf, coach youth sports, and enjoys spending time outdoors with his wife, Katy, and their sons, Brennan and Graham.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.