Dr. Diane Hamilton is a professor and a business leadership expert. She gives seminars, leads podcasts and shares blogs helping people to build better business strategies.
Here are a few things she would say in an interview:
- One of the biggest things that hold people back from reinventing their careers is fear. Most people fear change.
- One of the best ways to embrace change is to be proactive to it. For anyone who has read Stephen Covey’s book The 7 Habits of Highly Successful People, know that his first habit was being proactive.
- I teach a lot of marketing courses where students take an entire semester’s to consider how to market themselves to get a new job or change careers.
- I have them envision themselves as the product. Just like any product, they have to consider their price, how they will promote themselves, and where they will be located, etc.
- It can be helpful to create a personal SWOT analysis, which is what companies often do to analyze strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Once they come up with these foundations, they can create an action plan to reinvent their career and have the job they have always wanted.
Available for Interviews: Dr. Diane Hamilton
Success In Media