Available for Interviews: Teddi Ann Barry
Teddy Ann Barry, Esq. is a family attorney and writer and has been serving families through divorce and custody and has been practicing family law for over twenty years, and also comes with a wealth of experience in mediation and collaborative law. She is also the author of The Do-It-Yourself Guide to Divorce in Colorado.
What Teddi Ann Barry can say in an interview on
- Every state seems to have a different “cooling off” period from when divorce is filed and when the Court can grant the Divorce
- Some states require proof of physical separation before the divorce action can be filed
- The most likely reasons for a delay in finalizing a divorce include:
(a) determination of asset values—house, business, stock options, and retirement
(b) investigations to determine children’s best interests when parties can’t agree, and these days court dockets and the ability to be heard if you can’t agree
- Ways to avoid the delay:
(1) get a prenup before you marry so the financial issues are more easily resolved should the marriage end
(2) meet with a family counselor to assist with designing a parenting plan that is best for your children before involving lawyers and experts
(3) take the time to work together through the financial disclosures and consider drafting your agreements before filing for the divorce. See UnifiedDivorce.org:
UnifiedDivorced could be the right solution for many people. By using one attorney couples can save money, argue less, and get divorced faster rather than tieing matters up with opposing attorneys and potentially more litigation.
Interview: Teddi Ann Barry
Teddi Ann Barry, Esq. is the Founder of Teddy Ann Barry, PSC., and has been an attorney for over twenty years. Other areas of law practiced are mediation and collaborative law. Teddy is based in the Cherry Creek office and practices family law exclusively. She is also the author of The Do-It-Yourself Guide to Divorce in Colorado: Get In, Get Out, Get Over It.
Teddy is a former guardian ad litem and Respondent parents’ counsel, representing the best interests of children placed in the custody of the State and the parents accused of abuse and neglect of their children by the State.
As an alumna of Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska for both her undergraduate and Juris Doctorate degrees, Teddy is proud to have been educated at Creighton University which is one of 28 Jesuit Catholic universities throughout the country, that teaches, among many wonderful values, service. I have been serving others in family law since 2000.
Teddy has been a business owner for over 17 years and continues to build a firm with experienced and well-respected professionals who can offer the highest level of client care, advocacy, skilled negotiation, and litigation if and when absolutely necessary.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.