Available for Interviews: Dr. Mimi Secor
Mimi Secor, DNP, FNP-BC, FAANP, FAAN, is a board-certified Family Nurse Practitioner, specializing in Women’s Health, for over 40 years. She is a popular National Speaker and Consultant, educating advanced practice clinicians and consumers around the country and the world.
What Dr. Mimi Secor can say about
The Ways Women Neglect Their Health:
Women do a great job of taking care of their spouses, children, and others in their lives. Unfortunately many are neglecting themselves and it is a real problem.
- Not getting enough sleep. When we don’t get enough rest, our cortisol hormone increases, poor decisions abound, and potential cardiovascular issues can crop up.
- Skipping meals. Weight gain and slower metabolism come from not eating regular meals each day. Another danger: not being able to control carb-loading.
- Too busy to exercise. The reality is everyone has time but we don’t think we do. Five minutes instead of no minutes still has a benefit. Did you know that there is actually a condition called sedentary death syndrome? Get up, get out, and get moving! Your body will thank you.
- Putting themselves last. Women notoriously meet everyone’s needs (except their own) and suffer the consequences, both mentally and physically. Putting yourself first means a happier, healthier you.
- Not going for regular checkups with their PCP or GYN. Just because you may not have any current symptoms doesn’t mean you shouldn’t go for your annual exams. Yearly exams are important for monitoring overall health and catching potential problems before they mature.
It’s never too late for a course correction. Women can start by making easy adjustments in their lives so that they can live their best lives today.
Interview: Dr. Mimi Secor
Mimi Secor, DNP, FNP-BC, FAANP, FAAN, is a board-certified Family Nurse Practitioner specializing in Women’s Health for 40+ years and more recently, Health and Fitness. She is a popular National Speaker and Consultant, educating advanced practice clinicians and consumers around the country and the world. Dr. Secor and her daughter, Pro Body Builder and Health Coach, “Coach Kat,” run a business helping stressed-out professionals become healthier, more confident, and successful. She is also the bestselling author of Debut a New You: Transforming Your Life at Any Age. Dr. Mimi Secor serves the Boston area and travels extensively around the country to help educate and motivate others on how to actualize health and wellness goals.
Director of Public Relations
Success in Media, Inc.