Interview Phil Crowley.
Philip P. Crowley, is a dedicated attorney who has been handling legal matters for pharmaceutical, biomedical, medical devices, information technology and other technology companies for over 30 years. He has also spent nearly 25 years on the board of trustees of the Stevens Institute of Technology, with substantial involvement in the oversight of academic innovation and entrepreneurship.
Talking Points from Phil Crowley on Government Regulations
and Healthcare Surrounding COVID-19:
- Healthcare professionals are reluctant to practice outside their specialty or licensure areas for fear of liability.
- This reduces the pool of healthcare professionals available to help in “hot spots.”
- Government has responded.
- Federal government has initiated waivers of some of their barriers.
- Importantly a number of States have provided immunity laws to protect healthcare workers (including medical students) from liability for well-intentioned acts.
- Telemedicine has also been a beneficiary—it’s gaining more attention from the regulators as a means to prevent unnecessary emergency room visits.
- All of this will lead to questions once the crisis is over—Why can’t we have many of these improvements continue?
- There will be topics for debate within government and also from interested citizen groups.
Available for Interviews: Phil Crowley.
Philip P. Crowley is an attorney for over 30 years who is passionate about helping grow technology companies seize opportunities and avoid expensive legal mistakes as they make ideas come to fruition. Mr. Crowley has also spent nearly 25 years on the board of trustees of the Stevens Institute of Technology, with substantial involvement in the oversight of academic innovation and entrepreneurship. He is the Managing Partner at the Law Office of Philip P. Crowley, LLC. Visit Phil Crowley on the web at www.CrowleyLawLLC.com
PR Managing Editor
Success in Media, Inc.