Interview: Dr. Mimi Secor.
Dr. Mimi Secor is Nurse Practitioner from the Boston area. She has been specializing in Women’s Health for over 40 years now, is a national speaker and consultant, and is an international bestselling author of Debut a New You: Transforming Your Life At Any Age.
CDC Guidelines for the Prevention of Contraction & Spread of respiratory illnesses
As we brace ourselves for the second wave of the Coronavirus and hope positive cases are minimal around the country, it’s important to be reminded of the ways in which we can protect ourselves and stay healthy.
According to the CDC, these are the most effective preventative measures you can take to reduce your risk of illness and prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Clean your handheld devices with antibacterial wipes or use an infrared case, such as a “Phonesoap” device.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for the use of face masks.
Helpful Links from the CDC—
The most up-to-date info:
For information about handwashing, see CDC’s Handwashing website.
For information specific to healthcare, see CDC’s Hand Hygiene in Healthcare Settings.
These are everyday habits that can help prevent the spread of several viruses. CDC does have specific guidance for travelers.
Available for Interviews: Dr. Mimi Secor
Dr. Mimi Secor is a popular National Speaker and Consultant, educating advanced practice clinicians and consumers around the country and the world. She is the author of the book, Debut a New You: Transforming Your Life at Any Age.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.