Interview Dr. David J. Calabro
Dr. Calabro practices Functional Medicine at the Calabro Chiropractic and Wellness Center. There, Dr. Calabro addresses the underlying cause of disease by focusing on the patient as a whole rather than only treating isolated sets of symptoms.
Talking Points From Dr. Calabro on
Fighting the Coronavirus:
There is one important defense that mechanism that no one is really talking about emphasizing enough. Something we all have and possess. Something that we can’t go and buy and fight over; and it’s called out Immune System!
Much of the world is in a state of panic and stress. People are confused, sitting on the edge of their seats waiting for the worst to come from the news, constant discussion and reporting starting to get into people’s psyche.
This is not the time to fall into fear, concern and worry. This is a time to be proactive with our health and bodies. We know the basics of what we need to do hygienically–wash our hands, limit contact with our hands and face, cover our mouths when we cough or sneeze, if we feel symptomatic is it best to stay home and limit our contact with people, etc.
The Immune System Is Key
We have the ability to support, strengthen and empower our body and immune system. A vaccine is not available and medications are not necessarily guaranteed to work. So why is no one focusing on this one powerful fighter for us?
There are many ways to strengthen our immune system and body to protect and fight for us. After all, isn’t that the job of the immune system? To protect us against invading and foreign organism such as bacteria and viruses?
Here are a few simple ways that we can fight back against the coronavirus:
- Hydration. Hydrating properly with WATER helps our body naturally eliminate toxins and other bacteria. Water helps carry oxygen to our cells and body systems which helps our body work more efficiently. Dehydration reduces the overall volume of blood and lymphatic fluids that are important and integral in a healthy immune response.
- Breathing. Breathing not only increases and oxygenates our body but it helps reduce stress. We all know that stress weakens our immune system. With all the hype and panic and because people are unsure of the “unknown” of this virus it puts our brain and body in a conscious and unconscious state of fight or flight (stress) which robs us of our reserves, energy and nutrition and creates tension in our body. A way to de-stress the body is to do simple breathing exercises throughout the day. Rhythmic breathing has been shown to decrease stress and improve the immune system.
- Diet. We all know that diet is key for good health. Our body and immune system need the raw materials necessary to perform their job. Eating plant based foods, high in micronutrients, are the ticket to a stronger body and giving it the fuel that is necessary to combat and fight for us. Vegetables and fruit are at the top of the list, followed by whole grains, beans, nuts, organic lean meats and wild caught fish. Eliminate all processed foods, refined carbohydrates, soda, cow milk and cow milk products.
- Supplements that support the immune system:
a. Powdered Vitamin C (Buffered Ascorbate) – powerful for the immune system
b. Elderberry – relieves symptoms of flu and viral infections
c. Vitamin D3
d. Colloidal Silver or Nano Silver
- Essential Oils and Botanical Plants:
b. Oregano Oil
c. Melaleuca/Tea Tree Oil
d. OnGuard Essential Oil from doTERRA – Study on National Institute of Health Website. Shows the protective mechanism of this oil on influenza (viral modulation).
- Chiropractic. the adjustment can actually improve the performance of the immune system and create a healthy immune response to the environment. The nervous system regulates innate immune responses through the release of neurotransmitters, neuropeptides and neurohormones. There is a direct connection between the nervous system and immune system. Chiropractic has been shown to improve nervous system function. If the nervous system functions better, then there must necessarily an improvement in immune function.
Available for Interviews:
Dr. David J. Calabro, DC
Dr. David J. Calabro runs the Calabro Chiropractic and Wellness Center in Linwood, NJ. Calabro received a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from the Richard Stockton College of New Jersey. He obtained his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Life University in Marietta, Georgia where he graduated with honors and pediatric certification. He also received his certification in Clinical Nutrition from the Clinical Nutrition Certification Board in Dallas, Texas.
PR Managing Editor
Success In Media, Inc.