Available for Interviews: Dr. Franchell Hamilton
Dr. Franchell Hamilton, MD, FACS, FASMBS, FOMA, is the Founder of NeuroSwitch™ Weigh Loss–a place for people to receive treatments ranging from bariatric surgery and medical weight loss to hormone therapy. Dr. Hamiltion recently released, Curiosity is the Best Weight Loss Medicine: Observations from a Bariatric Surgeon.
What Dr. Hamilton could say on
Sleep and Weight Loss:
Poor sleep habits are an independent risk factor for weight gain: studies show reduced sleep contributes to the obesity epidemic.
- Studies compared people dieting who slept 8.5 hours a day versus 5.5 hours a day (all being equal) the more sleep and the more calories (energy) are burned.
- People who have healthy sleep habits tend to be thinner.
- A decrease in sleep leads to an increase in food intake.
- Hormones play a crucial role. A decrease in sleep decreases leptin (satiety hormone) and increases ghrelin and cortisol levels, all leading to increased hunger.
- The obvious solution here is to help people lose weight by helping them to get more sleep!
- Strategies to improve sleep are striving to get regular exercise and physical activity during the day, behavior modification techniques, stress management, meditation and/or deep breathing exercises, and tips for practicing good sleep hygiene.
- Counseling and therapy can help manage the emotions contributing to this issue.
Where people can learn more about how to stop the regain and maintain weight loss:
Interview: Dr. Franchell Hamilton
Dr. Hamilton is a Triads Award-Winning, Board Certified Surgeon who gave up operating on the stomach to operating on the mind to treat chronic conditions such as obesity and diabetes. Dr. Hamiltion recently released, Curiosity is the Best Weight Loss Medicine: Observations from a Bariatric Surgeon. She is also the author of two other books; Transformation Is a Mindset: The Journey to Changing Your Input and Your World and And the Best Diet Is . . . .
Dr. Hamilton is passionate about helping to change the lives of those she meets through practicing medicine and consulting. As a once-practicing bariatric surgeon, Dr. Hamilton has firsthand experience addressing the challenges and pain points of patients being treated for cardiometabolic diseases. She founded NeuroSwitch™ Weigh Loss—a place for her patients to receive treatments ranging from bariatric surgery and medical weight loss to hormone therapy.
Dr. Hamilton is a podcast host on Your Health Transformed that discusses a variety of popular and innovative health topics to challenge our current way of thinking about medicine.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.