Available for Interviews: Dr. Michael Evangel
Dr. Michael S. Evangel, Chiropractic Physician, is the owner of the Chiropractic Wellness Center in Paramus, NJ. For over 30 years, his mission is to provide state-of-the-art, high-quality care to people of all ages. Dr. Evangel also received his master’s degree in Environmental Health and has a passion for this area of expertise.
What Dr. Mike Evangel could say on
Natural Remedies for Allergies:
- About 40% of the American public suffers from allergies.
- An allergic response is when the body’s immune system overreacts to something that it comes in contact with. That contact could be from touching, breathing, or consuming a substance.
- This overreaction of the immune system is called an allergic response and the substance that causes the allergic response is called an allergen.*
Here are 6 natural allergy strategies and treatments:
- Gut Health. The gut microbiome is closely related to the immune system and to allergies. Getting your gut healthy is a big step towards reducing or eliminating allergies. Some steps towards better gut health include eating fermented foods, consuming prebiotics, probiotics, and postbiotics. Staying away from sugar, processed foods, and junk food is also important for gut health. Eating low glycemic fresh produce is recommended. Eating less gluten from bread and pasta and lectins from beans and other foods can help gut health too.
- Liver Health. The liver cleanses the blood and removes toxins. Allergies can be related to diminished liver function. When toxins aren’t eliminated efficiently, inflammation increases. Eating a clean diet, drinking plenty of pure water, and not overindulging in alcoholic beverages all help the liver to function better. Milk Thistle is a good supplement that helps to detoxify and cleanse the liver.
- Supplements. Supplements that reduce inflammation and others that reduce histamine can be helpful in the treatment of allergies. Fish Oil, Turmeric/Curcumin, Ginger, Garlic, Vitamin C Resveratrol, and Vitamin D all help to reduce inflammation. Quercetin, Vitamin C, Stinging Nettle, Bromelain, and N-Acetyl-L-Cystine are great at reducing histamine, especially when used together. Natural D-Hist is a supplement that combines all those histamine reducing supplements into one product. Nasal sprays with xylitol.
- Chiropractic. A healthy nervous system is important to maintain a well-functioning immune system. Chiropractic adjustments reduce spinal misalignments that interfere with the nerve impulses that travel from the brain to the glands and organs that control the immune system. Those misalignments are called subluxations. When improved nerve function is achieved, the immune system can function more efficiently and won’t overreact as much to potential allergens, thus reducing allergic responses and the symptoms of allergies.
- Homeopathy. Homeopathic remedies are very diluted treatments. Some remedies are so diluted that there aren’t even any molecules of the diluted substance in the application. It is thought that the energy imprint of those molecules is coded into the water or alcohol that is used to dilute the treatment and the body can decode that information. An analogy would be that photos are stored on a flash drive, but no molecules enter the flash drive, only electrons. Some common homeopathic remedies for seasonal allergies are Allium Cepa, Pulsatilla, Sabadilla, Wyethia, Dulcamara, Euphrasia, Kali Bichromicum, Natrum, and Muriaticum.
- Acupuncture. A study published on PubMed.Gov indicated that there was a significant improvement after acupuncture treatment was performed on patients with seasonal allergies. Acupuncture strives to improve immunity by releasing blockages within the channels of the body’s qi energy flow. Those channels are called meridians.
Interview: Dr. Michael Evangel
Dr. Michael S. Evangel owner of Chiropractic Wellness Center. His practice specializes in treating a variety of conditions, from clinical nutrition to chronic low back and neck pain, to rehabilitation following an accident or injury. Other focuses include improving your diet, what supplements to take, avoiding toxins, creating a healthier workplace, and increasing the overall quality of your health. Dr. Evangel is a former science teacher with a master’s degree in environmental health.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.