Available for Interviews: Mat Jacobson
Mat Jacobson is the Founder & CEO of the Ducere Global Business School, and as a thought leader on innovation within education, is creating some of the industry’s most innovative educational platforms and projects. He is a regular media contributor on topics of business, innovation, and entrepreneurship, and has appeared in articles including Wealth Creator, Marketing Magazine, Business First, Smart Magazine, Start-Up Smart, and Business Builders.
What Mat Jacobson can say in an interview on How an American-British collaboration is providing a unique solution for higher education:
- There is a strange concept in higher education that seems at odds with the purpose and mission of most institutions.
- According to their published mission statements, “Yale is committed to improving the world today and for future generations.” “The central mission of the University of Southern California (USC) is the development of human beings and society as a whole.”
- These are comforting words, and one will find similar sentiment at almost any major university. But the reality is that universities’ rankings are dictated not by their inclusion and access to “society as a whole” but the exact opposite—how restrictive they are. The lower the percentage of students they let in the door, the better the school is ranked.
- The logic doesn’t hold up very well. If Apple released only 200 of a new iPhone model, but 100,000 people wanted one (0.2%), does that percentage somehow make the phone function better?
- Universities should uphold their core values and promote broad access, inclusion and diversity. Ducere (an American-based business school) and the University of Wales (a publicly accredited British university, and registered by the US Dept of Education) are proud to have no barriers or caps on admissions. Total tuition for an online bachelor’s degree or an MBA is only $14,500. Students have multiple entry points for both those who had great privileges growing up and also those who didn’t have the support structures to get the best GPA and SAT scores.
- And the quality of education? Students with Ducere-Wales University learn from Presidents, Nobel Prize winners, and CEOs, and students come from all over the world, and from the most prestigious organizations.
Inside Higher Ed Article:
Interview: Mat Jacobson
Mat Jacobson is the Founder of the Ducere Global Business School, which has been recognized by the State of California, the US Congress as well as numerous global awards for transforming access to higher education. He is a global leader in disrupting the education sector and has founded three education startups (The prior two were ultimately sold to publicly listed companies.).
As the founder of Ducere, Jacobson, together with hundreds of world leaders ranging from Presidents to heads of the UN and CIA and global companies, are transforming education to overcome systemic barriers to be relevant, applied, affordable, and accessible.
Jacobson is also a keynote speaker and has given talks on education innovation from Harvard University to European governments.
Director of Public Relations
Success in Media, Inc.