How to talk about difficult topics in an increasingly volatile environment.
Carol Barkes is a trend-setting mediator, business executive and educator specializing in the use of neuroscience to improve business performance, interpersonal communications, negotiation and conflict resolution processes for optimally successful results.
A few things Carol Barkes can say about this in an interview:
- Be kind – just because you have the right to say anything doesn’t mean you should be cruel.
- Consider spending most of your time trying to understand the other position rather than proving your own.
- Move to the real needs of both parties rather than throwing “facts” at each other.
- Consider that you may be wrong or that you may not have all of the facts necessary to make a sound decision.
- Look for commonalities and avoid the win-lose mentality.
Available for Interviews:
Success In Media, Inc.