Available for Interviews: Paul Tracey
Paul Tracey is the Founder & CEO of Innovative Technologies, a Managed Security Service Provider in New York, and is a national speaker, cyber security educator, small business advocate, and author of Delete The Hacker Playbook and Cyber Storm.
What Paul Tracey can say in an interview on
Cyber Security Issues Revolving Around Social Media:
- Facebook and Instagram have proven that your data when feed to algorithms can not only predict but also change behavior and that can be weaponized.
- Facebook algorithms can manipulate behavior in order to increase ad revenue the same can be done for more malicious reasons.
- The public does not generally understand what data is collected and how that data can be used against them.
- In the same way that companies use Facebook to advertise, hackers create fake Facebook groups and users and run ads to utilize facebooks algorithms to steal data, money, and identities.
- We need to educate the public on what data is actually collected from their seemingly short and insignificant visits to Facebook and how it can be used.
- Choose carefully what apps you use and data you submit to social platforms in the form of clicks, likes, and comments. Just like in court: anything you say can and will be used against you. Control and monitor your app usage.
- Never submit more personal data to your profile than necessary to open the account. Never allow access to other applications such as bank accounts.
Interview: Paul Tracey
Paul Tracey is the Founder and CEO of Innovative Technologies, a Managed Security Service Provider in New York, and is a national speaker, cyber security educator, and small business advocate, and author of Delete The Hacker Playbook and Cyber Storm.
Nearly a successful decade in business, Innovative Technologies continues to help clients ensure they have security and compliance procedures in place and well-trained staff. They have earned the reputation as a leading managed security services provider (MSSP) in upstate New York.
Tracey has been featured in MSP Success Magazine and on the Success Spotlight podcast and also runs an MSSP dedicated to helping small and medium-size businesses protect their reputation, money, and customers from cybercriminals.
Director of Public Relations
Success In Media, Inc.